Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but who has actually been in the ring before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trained and fought as an amateur between the ages of 13-16 in Japan until I broke my arm playing football. Ihad plates and screws inserted to reinforce my radia/ulna, but I never really trained again after that. Wish I had though.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Nothing makes me angrier than someone who has never step foot in a ring calling a professional prize fighter scared or a coward and they cant begin to understand the mind set and fortitude it takes to even step in a ring.

Most people from the street think its a cakewalk, and I've seen straight goons and thugs throw their gloves off cuz they cant take a one on one ass whupping, or got hit good once and called it quits

My first time in the ring, first real punch I took....I got my **** bust nose bleeding everywhere bruise on my eyes and nose after my first sparring session....my girlfriend saw me and freaked out, but I was hell of proud....BADGES OF HONOR
      that's what i'm saying homie. The running, dieting, workouts etc. All that **** requires mental fortitude to get it done. These hoe.s on here don't know about all of that. They don't know about the constant pain your body endures in training. All the miles ran, hours in the gym, and complete mental dedication doesn't mean **** to most of these guys because they have never experienced it, or been through it. Thus, they put boxers down on a constant basis. And even if you have done it I bet you haven't done it like Floyd or Manny. You haven't put in the work that they have. Putting in work isn't easy. It's ****ing painful, yet fighters like them thrive on it, because they want to be the best. You have to push through pain unlike any other pain and moofokkas on hurr do not know about that. If they did they wouldn't be on hater mode 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
        that's what i'm saying homie. The running, dieting, workouts etc. All that **** requires mental fortitude to get it done. These hoe.s on here don't know about all of that. They don't know about the constant pain your body endures in training. All the miles ran, hours in the gym, and complete mental dedication doesn't mean **** to most of these guys because they have never experienced it, or been through it. Thus, they put boxers down on a constant basis. And even if you have done it I bet you haven't done it like Floyd or Manny. You haven't put in the work that they have. Putting in work isn't easy. It's ****ing painful, yet fighters like them thrive on it, because they want to be the best. You have to push through pain unlike any other pain and moofokkas on hurr do not know about that. If they did they wouldn't be on hater mode 24/7
        exactly....thats why you can go out and play basketball, football, soccer, and tennis....aint no playing boxing.

thats why they deserve more respect than most athletes.....i guarantee you more people have played a pick up game of b ball, but you never hear anyone talking about lets pick up some gloves and spar....it takes balls to even fight novice vs novice

Comment

I haven't had a fight yet Everytime I was a supposed to get one or go to get a fight I got hit by a truck and when I got back from that my son was born so it took me out for a while but I've done a lot of sparring and still train

I notice I said Everytime I only got hit by a truck once but that was right before I was supposed to fight

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            I haven't had a fight yet Everytime I was a supposed to get one or go to get a fight I got hit by a truck and when I got back from that my son was born so it took me out for a while but I've done a lot of sparring and still train

I notice I said Everytime I only got hit by a truck once but that was right before I was supposed to fight
            damn are you serious

Comment

I've been boxing for about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I've been boxing for about 10 years.
                pro or am....what weight class

Comment

damn are you serious
                  Yeah man because stuff kept happening not only that I kinda lost my heart for the fighting but never the sport as a whole but I'm trying to get back in the Grove lol

Comment

I've boxed / kickboxed for about 6 years, no official bouts though just sparring.

Comment

pro or am....what weight class
                      Amateur, middleweight. Don't compete anymore but I still train regularly.

Comment

Working...
                      X