No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch vs. Kessler II Showdown is Now Virtually Sold Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shameful View Post
    how can england NOT offer the best $$$ after sellin OUT 18000 tickets?

money may can't even selll out MSG
    Believe me at this point Mayweather would sell out anywhere he went. And you are assuming Froch wins. It is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shameful View Post
      how can england NOT offer the best $$$ after sellin OUT 18000 tickets?

money may can't even selll out MSG
      Because HBO/Showtime money typically dwarfs the gate.

Even if you assume 18,000 tickets at average of $100 it's only 1.8 million. Though I don't know how it breaks down I am sure the venue gets a good % of that or a healthy site fee that cuts into it.

I am not not sure what HBO/Sho would pay for the rights to the fight but it would be well over a million and maybe as much as two.

HBO/Sho however, will not offer that kind of money if the fight is happening in Europe and not in primetime in the USA. And it might not draw 18,000 in Vegas but it would draw a decent gate and probably at higher average ticket prices.

Not only that but I don't think Froch has that much issue with traveling to the USA. He's never gotten real respect from UK fans and they're only now jumping on his bandwagon after Haye and Khan turned out to be jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
        The best offer should get the fight. If American brings the most money then it should get it. If England or Denmark have the best offer then they should get it.
        Either way it would be interesting to see again.
        Well considering that the purse for Kessler and Froch for this fight is $2 million, I think they can offer more money than in the US.

Ward got $1.2 million for his fight with Dawson btw.

Comment

Froch is England's only sports hero

Froch is England's greatest warrior of all time. short list but still number one. With no true pro sports england has nothing to cheer for but for Froch.

Comment

Great to see what can happen when a sport's not hidden away on some subscriber only network.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Great to see what can happen when a sport's not hidden away on some subscriber only network.
              Isn't this fight on PPV in the UK and on a subscriber network in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Even if you assume 18,000 tickets at average of $100 it's only 1.8 million. Though I don't know how it breaks down I am sure the venue gets a good % of that or a healthy site fee that cuts into it.

I am not not sure what HBO/Sho would pay for the rights to the fight but it would be well over a million and maybe as much as two.

HBO/Sho however, will not offer that kind of money if the fight is happening in Europe and not in primetime in the USA. And it might not draw 18,000 in Vegas but it would draw a decent gate and probably at higher average ticket prices.

Not only that but I don't think Froch has that much issue with traveling to the USA. He's never gotten real respect from UK fans and they're only now jumping on his bandwagon after Haye and Khan turned out to be jokes.
                This pretty much answers the question.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                  Froch is England's greatest warrior of all time. short list but still number one. With no true pro sports england has nothing to cheer for but for Froch.
                  new alt fastblack? same semi-literate style. I see Froch has helped even you overcome strong your racist tendencies to some degree.

Comment

looking forward to this fight. wouldnt have minded going to that but it looks like iv no chance of getting a ticket! atmosphere will be quality i bet!

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
                      This pretty much answers the question.
                      Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

The average ticket price is north of $250.

The majority of seats were priced between £80-200.

The only cheap seats (£40-60), were in the last blocks of the top tier. Everything ringside and floor was £200-500, and the entire first tier was £100-200.

The gate is at least £2m+ (based on avg ticket price of c.£125 which is $3.5m+ gate.

PPV will clearly top that up. They needed the O2 arena and PPV to make the fight viable from a financial perspective.

Also - massive ticket booking fees also probably help the venue payment (I paid over £60 in fees), when booking 3 tix for £600. The tickets were sold through the O2 arena.

Whenever I see American ticket prices they seem to be cheaper than UK prices. UK is very expensive for boxing for some reason, so I dispute your Vegas being £££ for tickets point.

GG
                      Last edited by Gordon_Gekko; 02-06-2013, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X