Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that when people compare Floyd or manny to past fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    When Manny is unified champion in three real weight classes the P@ctards can give me a call. Armstrong did that, still waiting for Manny and Floyd to match that.

Poet
    Floyd can face Sergio at 160 and if he wins, then he achieves that. 135, 147, 160

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Floyd can face Sergio at 160 and if he wins, then he achieves that. 135, 147, 160
      Well... he won't.

And the tricky part could be to then beat Pac at 147 and move down to 135 and hold all three at the same time.

Not to mention we should probably merge 130/135 140/147 and 154/160 into three groups of fighters instead of the 6 it is now. It gets a little thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Is Floyd currently the unified Welterweight champion? Is Floyd the unified Lightweight champion? Is Martinez the unified Middleweight champion? Perhaps it would be better if go look up what the terms unified and simultaneously means since neither Floyd nor Martinez are unified (ie holding the three major belts: WBA, WBC, and IBF) and neither are holding unified belts in more than one real weight class.

Poet
        Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 05-22-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
          Some people on here don't even believe Pac can beat Kostya .
          Glad somebody said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
            The older fighter typically wins like really wtf

In the case of Robinson vs mayweather or manny at 147 how much footage of Robinson there exist? For you to say he'd beat these two? Just because he one of the greatest doesn't mean he'd win...has he ever fought anybody with there style sets? And beat them? Is their footage to prove it?

This goes for every other ATg fighter there compared to
            Bassilo
            Whitaker
            Trinidad
            Pryor
            Hearns
            SRL
            And the list goes on? I just don't get it just cause they beat other great fighters doesn't just mean they'd beat these two
            Well first of all, most of those are welterweights, and I don't really compare Pacquiao and Mayweather to the great WWs of the past. Even though they happen to compete there now, I think they are better matched up with guys from 130-140.

Whitaker probably beats both of them (Floyd has a better shot) because he's Pernell Fu*king Whitaker, not because of any nostalgia.

I pick very few 130 lb. fighters in history over Floyd.

Comment

• because comparing them to future fighters is unpossible.

Comment

• 1. they (PBF and MP) aint true WWs...

2. the era where robinson and hi co-ATGs during the 40s like gavilan competed in a tougher era... waaaaay tougher than the WW era we have now...

3. even the WW era where duran, leonard, hearns, palomino, benitez and cuevas was also a lot tougher... hell, the WW era where starling, honeyghan and curry absolutely owns what we have now...

'not saying MP and PBF would get destroyed by those WWs but they would have a more difficult time winning...

Comment

Working...
                X