Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what I have to go through to get an Engineering Science Assc. degree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I have to go through to get an Engineering Science Assc. degree

I'm bored so I wanted to show you guys the classes I gotta take. I'm actually excited about all this.

General Requirements

ENG 101

ENG 201

SPE 100
    Fundamentals of Speech 1

6 creds
    XXX xxx
    Social Science Electives 2
    Choose from anthropology, economics, geography, history philosophy, political science, psychology sociology or any Ethnic Studies social science course.

Curriculum Requirements

CHE 201
    Chemistry I
    This is the first semester of a two-semester course sequence that involves the study of chemical principles including atomic and molecular theories, molecular structure, and reactivity. The Laboratory will include experiments illustrating the chemical principles. Two terms required. Required in A.S. )Science) and A.S. (Engineering Science). Fulfills science requirements for A.A. (Liberal Arts).

CHE 202
    College Chemistry II
    This is the first semester of a two-semester course sequence that involves the study of chemical principles including atomic and molecular theories, molecular structure, and reactivity. The Laboratory will include experiments illustrating the chemical principles. Two terms required. Required in A.S. )Science) and A.S. (Engineering Science). Fulfills science requirements for A.A. (Liberal Arts).

ESC 111
    Elements of Engineering Design
    This course provides an introduction to engineering practice through hands-on investigations, computer applications, and design projects in the fields of structures and robotics. All investigations and design projects are performed in groups and presented in oral and /or written form. Computers are used for documentation, data analysis and robot control.

ESC 113
    Computer Aided Analysis for Engineering
    This course introduces topics important for engineers computer aided analysis techniques are introduced and used for the design, and modeling of engineering systems such as electrical circuits, pipelines, signal and image processing, aircraft engines, orbits and trajectories, protein molecules, and sewer treatment.

MAT 301
    Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
    This is an integrated course in analytic geometry and calculus, applied to functions of a single variable. It covers a study of rectangular coordinates in the plane, equations of conic sections, functions, limits, continuity, related rates, differentiation of algebraic and transcendental functions, Rolle's Theorem, the Mean Value Theorem, maxima and minima, and integration.

MAT 302
    Analytic Geometry and Calculus II
    This course provides an introduction to the concepts of formal integration. It covers the differentiation and integration of algebraic, trigonometric, and transcendental functions. Topics include the definite integral, the antiderivative, areas, volumes, and the improper integral.

MAT 303
    Analytic Geometry and Calculus III
    This course is an extension of the concepts of differentiation and integration to functions of two or more variables. Topics include partial differentiation, multiple integration, Taylor series, polar coordinates and the calculus of vectors in one or two dimensions.

MAT 501
    Ordinary Differential Equations

This is a first course in the theoretical and applied aspects of ordinary differential equations. Topics include: first-order equations, exact equations, linear equations, series solutions, Laplace transforms, Fourier series and boundary value problems. Pre-Requisite: MAT302

PHY 215
    University Physics I

This is a two-semester course for students in science and engineering. Concepts of calculus are introduced and used when necessary. The lecture and laboratory exercises pertain to mechanics, fluids, heat and thermodynamics, wave motion, sound, electricity, and magnetism, geometric and physical optics and an introduction to modern physics.

Co-Requisite: MAT301

PHY 225
    University Physics II

This is a two-semester course for students in science and engineering. Concepts of calculus are introduced and used when necessary. The lecture and laboratory exercises pertain to mechanics, fluids, heat and thermodynamics, wave motion, sound, electricity, and magnetism, geometric and physical optics and an introduction to modern physics.

Pre-Requisite: PHY210 or PHY215 and MAT301

SCI 120
    Computer Methods in Science

This course teaches a computer language and emphasizes application of programming methods for the sciences and engineering. Numerical methods will be applied to examples gleaned from physics, chemistry and biology and engineering.Pre-Requisite: MAT206

SCI 121
    Computer Methods in Science

Program Electives

(Choose 13 credits from the following)

CHE 230
    Organic Chemistry I
    This two-semester course sequence is the study of the structure and properties of the fundamental classes of organic compounds with emphasis on reactivity, reaction mechanisms, stereochemistry, electronic theory and applications to allied fields. Two terms are required.

CHE 240
    Organic Chemistry II
    This two-semester course sequence is the study of the structure and properties of the fundamental classes of organic compounds with emphasis on reactivity, reaction mechanisms, stereochemistry, electronic theory and applications to allied fields. Two terms are required.

ESC 130
    Engineering Graphics
    This is a course in fundamental engineering drawing and industrial drafting-room practice. Lettering, orthographic projection, auxiliary views, sessions and conventions, pictorials, threads and fasteners, tolerances, detail drawing dimensioning and electrical drawing; introduction to computer-aided graphics are covered.

ESC 201
    Engineering Mechanics I (Statics and Par

This course is a three-dimensional vector treatment of the static equilibrium of particles and rigid bodies. Topics include: equivalent force and coupled systems, static analysis of trusses, frames machines, friction, properties of surfaces and rigid bodies, particle kinematics, path variables, cylindrical coordinates and relative motion. Elements of design are incorporated in the course.

Pre-Requisite: ESC130 and MAT302 Pre-Requisite: PHY225 and SCI120

ESC 211
    Thermodynamics I
    This course covers introductory concepts and definitions; Absolute temperature, Work, heat, First Law and applications, Second Law, Carnot Theorem, entropy, thermodynamic state variables and functions, reversibility, irreversibility, ideal gas mixtures, mixtures of vapors and gas, humidity calculations.

ESC 221
    Circuits and Systems I
    This course includes circuit elements and their voltage-current relations; Kirchoff's Laws, elementary circuit analysis; continuous signals; differential and difference equations; first order systems and analysis of RLC circuits.

ESC 223
    Switching Systems and Logic Design

This course includes the analysis and design of cominational and sequential circuits and their applications to digital systems. The use of integrated circuits in the design of digital circuits is illustrated in the laboratory experiments.

Pre-Requisite: MAT302 and PHY225 Pre-Requisite: SCI121 or DEPT. PERMIT

MAT 315
    Linear Algebra

This course covers matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, vector spaces, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Boolean algebra, switching circuits, Boolean functions, minimal forms, Karnaugh maps.

Pre-Requisite: MAT302 or DEPT. PERMIT

PHY 240
    Modern Physics

This is an introduction to atomic and nuclear physics, relativity, solid state physics and elementary particles.

Pre-Requisite: MAT056 and PHY225 Co-Requisite: MAT501 or DEPT. PERMIT

ESC 202
    Engineering Mechanics II
    This course is a three-dimensional vector treatment of the kinematics of rigid bodies using various coordinate systems. Topics include: relative motion, particle dynamics, Newton’s laws, energy and mechanical vibrations. Elements of design are incorporated in the course. Prerequisites: ESC 130, ESC 201, PHY 225 Co-requisite: MAT 501 or departmental approval

GLY 210
    Geology I
    This course covers fundamental principles of geology encompassing the study of minerals and rocks, geological processes, interpretation of topographic and geological maps and techniques of remote sensing. This is a program elective in Engineering Science and an elective in all other curricula. It does not meet the science requirement for Liberal Arts A.A. degree.

Fuck man. Didn't know it would come out that long.

Comment

have fun with Organic and Thermodynamics

Here Organics has like the highest failure rate of any class

Comment

i'm in these classes...i'm doing mechanical engineering...phys I...chem I...calc I...construction management...which i assume is equilivent to that ESC 130 you got there...we're pretty much in the same damn boat, kev...if i need a life jacket...will you throw it? cause i've got one for you...

Comment

just become a pro boxer. for all the marbles!

Comment

im going into mechanical - here is mine.

http://www.southalabama.edu/engineer...urriculum.html

Comment

I wouldn't even begin to try. Good to see some bright bulb's on here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Fuck man. Didn't know it would come out that long.
                You take them one at a time kev, you don't take them all at the same time so time to burn the midnight candle and you will be fine. I know you're smart enough.

Just noticed that I used the word time several times.

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                  i'm in these classes...i'm doing mechanical engineering...phys I...chem I...calc I...construction management...which i assume is equilivent to that ESC 130 you got there...we're pretty much in the same damn boat, kev...if i need a life jacket...will you throw it? cause i've got one for you...
                  two of my friend took up mechanical engineering.

Comment

you are an idiot and would end up jobless with a "fake" engineering degree..

in this economy "real" engineers cant even get a job..

do yourself a favor and take up bachelors instead..

Comment

Working...
                    X