No announcement yet.

freddie brown trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freddie brown trainer

We seem to discuss fighters quite a bit but do not give cornerman there due.
    Can some of you post your knowledge of freddie browns carreer? I know he trained or served as a cutman from the late 30's to the no mas fight which deeply hurt freddie psyche as he was very close to roberto duran.

anyone read about about this student of the game

Comment

Mr. Brown was one of my mentors and one of the most revered men in boxing. He was a NO Nonsense man when it came to training and fighting! He started by learning how to stop cuts and was the best cutman in the business in the 30s thru the 50s. He was a "trusted" advisor and was the best at "keeping a fighter on task"!! His demeanor has been copied by the best cornerman in the business and the fighters he's worked with are the who's who in boxing!!
      Just search his name and look at the list of fighters he's guided and its very impressive to realize how many great fighters he's helped!

Futch, Dundee, Benson, Soloman, Arcel, Stewart, Alliano, Petronelli, Davenport, D'Amato, Moore and Me are some of Mr. Browns students there are many many more, it never hurts to learn from the best! Ray.

Comment

Corner men are the unsung heros of the sport. I love reading what I can and learning about the different philosophies and styles of the guys in the corner. Ray has always been a pretty good source of info for me on that subject. I'd like to aquire a collection of biographies and etc from some of these men. Unfortunately with them not getting the same attention as the fighters, it can be difficult to locate such works.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
          Corner men are the unsung heros of the sport. I love reading what I can and learning about the different philosophies and styles of the guys in the corner. Ray has always been a pretty good source of info for me on that subject. I'd like to aquire a collection of biographies and etc from some of these men. Unfortunately with them not getting the same attention as the fighters, it can be difficult to locate such works.
          I have enjoyed reading my books on dundee as well as ray arcel
          almost as much as my books on numerous atg fighters

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
            I have enjoyed reading my books on ray arcel and angelo dundee as much as I have on some of the atg Fighters

Comment

I have a few books in my "queue" to read first, but the Angelo Dundee book is one I definatley have my eye on.

Do you know of any good books on Cus?

Comment

Working...
              X