Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allan Green vs. Glenn Johnson: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big question is how Johnson handles the weight decrease. He may be older and a tad shopworn, but if he has what he had against Cloud, Green is losing a clear decision. The guy is a journeyman who seems reluctant to pull the trigger under the bright spotlights.

Comment

I think it will be close and competitive.

Although either could win, I think Johnson because of his workrate will take it by decision.

Comment

Tunney, I know you like to bump your threads by deleting and re-posting your posts... but 4 times?!!!

lol

I will be pulling for Johnson the whole way, as long as he can handle the drop in weight, and there is a decent chance that he can't.. then I think he will simply outwork Green and smother him.

If he can't keep his workrate up.. it's possible Green could hurt him... Not necessarily because Green is a monster but because the drop in weight could take away his legs.

Comment

Glen is older wiser ...... but youth most likely will prevail

We are all gorilla dogs

Comment

Johnson appears to be in great shape, he doesn't appear weight-drained at all:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32521

Comment

Green had a very hard time making the weight last time. Even if Johnson is drained himself, as long as Green is as inactive as he was against Ward, Johnson will win on activity alone. Green disappointed me bigtime in his last bout- I was hyping the guy up and he was just a dud in there.

Comment

Working...
              X