Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Pacquiao, Wouldn't it be best to try to make the Mayweather fight happen now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Pacquiao, Wouldn't it be best to try to make the Mayweather fight happen now?

We all know the history of boxers out of a long stint in Jail or Prison. Tyson, Ali just to name a few...

Wouldn't it be to Pacquiao's Advantage to aim for a Mayweather fight right now?

Manny beats Floyd No matter when they fight! Dont Matter!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
      We all know the history of boxers out of a long stint in Jail or Prison. Tyson, Ali just to name a few...

Wouldn't it be to Pacquiao's Advantage to aim for a Mayweather fight right now?
      He should if he thinks jail managed to cause a decline in Floyd.

The thing with manny is he isn't the brightest bulb in the package. It's like he doesn't even realize that Floyd's original $40Mil offer goes lower each time manny has a fight with low PPVs and doesn't perform impressively.

I see manny taking a Timmeh or Marquez fight later this year and losing regardless of his choice. That'll cause the Mayweather-pacquiao fight to go down the ****ter.

manny will be in similar circumstances to Mosley during his Floyd fight when manny finally decides to fight Floyd. An old veteran who refused to fight Floyd years ago finally does it when he no longer has any chance and is obviously just looking to make a quick buck.
      Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 08-03-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        He should if he thinks jail managed to cause a decline in Floyd.

The thing with manny is he isn't the brightest bulb in the package. It's like he doesn't even realize that Floyd's original $40Mil offer goes lower each time manny has a fight with low PPVs and doesn't perform impressively.

I see manny taking a Timmeh or Marquez fight later this year and losing regardless of his choice. That'll cause the Mayweather-pacquiao fight to go down the ****ter.

manny will be in similar circumstances to Mosley during his Floyd fight when manny finally decides to fight Floyd. An old veteran who refused to fight Floyd years ago finally does it when he no longer has any chance and is obviously just looking to make a quick buck.
        I also think it's to risky for Manny to fight Marquez or Timmy again later this year...WHY??? Because I see Marquez finally getting the nod by the judges, and I see Bradley possibly pulling of a clean win this time around.

Comment

I think he should fight him now bc another loss on his part would kill the fight completely specially if he fights his daddy marquez

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
            I think he should fight him now bc another loss on his part would kill the fight completely specially if he fights his daddy marquez
            Exactly, not being a Pacman hater, I'm gonna be real. It's a very good chance that Bradley goes in there and Outboxes Pacquiao cleanly, so there's no dispute, also a chance that the judges might finally give the nod to Marquez.

Comment

Wolrd knows it's not Paq's decision that counts. It's Mayweather's. As mentioned before, whenever Floyd promotes his figths and says, "Paq you're next", it simply means he's aware he's the one holding up the fight.

It takes two to tango. Paq wanting the fight now means nothing unless Floyd responds to Paq's challenge.

In short, the ball has always been on Floyd's court.

Comment

floyd would'nt fight pac when he was active...you think he'd fight pacquaio now after just serving jail time?.....lol

Comment

Dear god....

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    I also think it's to risky for Manny to fight Marquez or Timmy again later this year...WHY??? Because I see Marquez finally getting the nod by the judges, and I see Bradley possibly pulling of a clean win this time around.
                    I didn't have Timmeh winning, but he made it a competitive fight and took over in the championship rounds. What he showed me in the championship rounds convinced me that he now has manny figured out and knows how to box him.

I don't think manny even necessarily needs to lose to Marquez again to kill the prospects of a Mayweather fight next year. If Marquez just makes it competitive, that'll be enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X