Chavez vs Martinez: Ring Size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez vs Martinez: Ring Size

Thread title says it all... discuss

Chavez being the bigger star and Dibella being super gullible and desperate to get Martinez on the big stage before father time completely catches up - it's fair to say Chavez gets the bigger say in the negotiations IMO.

The ring size against Lee was troubling for a Championship fight and no doubt in my mind we get a similar case if and or when Chavez/Martinez meet up.

quite amazing Chavez's team will be able to dictate everything over the p4p #3 (the ring) and vastly superior skilled fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      quite amazing Chavez's team will be able to dictate everything over the p4p #3 (the ring) and vastly superior skilled fighter.
      That's boxing for you. Things like this bother the hell out of me. The sports become a popularity contest. How long has it been this way?

Comment

Speaking of which... I'm guessing Martinez is putting the Ring title on the line as well?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          Thread title says it all... discuss

Chavez being the bigger star and Dibella being super gullible and desperate to get Martinez on the big stage before father time completely catches up - it's fair to say Chavez gets the bigger say in the negotiations IMO.

The ring size against Lee was troubling for a Championship fight and no doubt in my mind we get a similar case if and or when Chavez/Martinez meet up.
          Sexy Sergio better clinch like a motherfacka if he gets a small ring

Comment

ring was noticeably smaller

boxing isn't for running but still...

Comment

The ring in the Chavez-Lee fight was pretty small. It was actually the first thing I said when I started watching the telecast. I doubt it was bigger than 16'. However, I bet Martinez negotiates at least an 18' ring. That's all he needs, really, as he isn't a runner. He'll be too slick for Chavez, who needs to set his feet to throw (and he doesn't jab vs. Southpaws, so there's also that).

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
              Speaking of which... I'm guessing Martinez is putting the Ring title on the line as well?
              Dude, you don't decide to put the Ring title on the line or not, LOL. The magazine decides who gets it and whenever that fighter fights in that weight class the title is on the line (i.e. the magazine will give it to the other guy if he beats the Ring champ).

Comment

It won't matter Martinez will crush Chumpez in a sandbox if that's where the fight is held.

Comment

Martinez is going to beat Chavez Jr, but they should fight in a decent sized ring, around 18'. 20' would be too big, and 16' (I think like the one they used for Lee vs Chavez Jr) would be a god damn joke.

Comment

Martinez shouldn't whore himself for this fight JCC needs him more then he needs JCC JR either get them to agree to OST or put a 1million per pound overweight fee

Comment

Working...
                    X