Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when is moving down easier at Sergio's then moving up?

To move down he has to at least hit 154 which is harder than just coming into a 168 pound fight at 165 or something like that. He's walking around at cruiser anyway.

Comment

you're not supposed to hold other fighters to the same standard floyd is held at it's against bscene rules.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Sure there pal, what weights has Martinez fought at before? Now what WEIGHT has Ward fought at before? Ward is 6 foot 2, Martinez is 5 foot 10...Martinez has already moved up in his career.......twice.

Ward made the 175 pound champ move down.......and fight him in his own backyard. You do realize that Ward himself said that Martinez was too small.

"Coward and bully"

How about "dumb in dumber"? As in you sound pretty dumb but I can see you retorting with something even dumber.
        Originally posted by mathed View Post
        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mall-for-fight

"I would love to fight Martinez but I don't think it is possible because of the weight. Martinez's people say that he is a small middleweight and they are right," said Ward.

"They say that if I go down to 160 then a fight could happen but I don't think that is possible." - Andre Ward
        Mathed done made this tread his lady!!

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          Coward and a Bully
          Martinez is really a 154 pounder but Cowards who duck wouldn't give him a title shot so he had to fight for the 160 pound title. But Floyd can make a guy come up 2 weight classes and than cheat him on the scales by not making the contract weight

Comment

it's easy to call someone a coward when you're not in their situation. These are prize fighters they fight for money...who would not want to fight Floyd Money Mayweather and get the biggest pay day of your career especially Sergio who is on his way out...He's an oder guy a fight against Floyd would set his financial situation for life win or lose...Andre Ward is higher risk for low pay not worth it economically speaking...

Comment

Because he knows ows if he faces ward he would get his azz whooped. Plain and simple.

Dude walks around at 180+. F-cking outta here with that he is a small MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                Because he knows ows if he faces ward he would get his azz whooped. Plain and simple.

Dude walks around at 180+. F-cking outta here with that he is a small MW.
                I don't think there's anyone who believes Martinez can beat Ward. Still doesn't mean Floyd should use Ward as a cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  Coward and a Bully
                  Maybe because martinez is already a small middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I don't think there's anyone who believes Martinez can beat Ward. Still doesn't mean Floyd should use Ward as a cop-out.
                    It's bull**** because hasn't fought at 154 in years.

Would he face trout at 154? What about Lara at 154.

Dude wants to get paid. Which isn't a problem but let's call a spade a spade.

Comment

Martinez is small at 160, and moving up to fight a great champion like Ward is no easy task. Just because some fighters can move through easy divisions, it doesn't tell that Martinez is a bad fighter? MW is stacked with talent, so let him stay there instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X