No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves: I Believe Now I'm a World Class Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves: I Believe Now I'm a World Class Fighter

George Groves insists his demolition of Jamaican veteran Glen Johnson at London's ExCel has identified him as a fighter to be feared by his super-middleweight rivals. Groves defended his Commonwealth title with a wide points victory over a respected opponent whose 71-fight record includes wins against Roy Jones and Antonio Tarver.

It was only the 24-year-old's 16th contest, yet he succeeded in defeating Johnson more comprehensively than British rival Carl Froch, who secured only a majority decision in June last year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Time to step up then.

Comment

Fight Abraham

Comment

groves should be arrested for beating up a senior citizen

Comment

Not yet George but you will be.

Comment

It's gonna take another year at least before he's in the equation. A fight with Abraham for the worthless WBO strap would mean nothing. I'd rather see him in with Anderson & DeGale this year + a few more fights abroad. No point rushing him just to line Frank Warren's pockets. All said & done he's only had 16 pro fights & has plenty of time on his side.

Comment

Really like Groves; but he cuts so damn easy. He's not on the same level as Froch, Dirrel, Kessler etc, but I'd fancy him against Abraham.

Comment

I didn't read too much into Saturday's performance...

Nothing coming back so Groves didn't really need to be conscious about defending and was caught with a few silly shots, if he had decided to box Johnson, he would've looked a lot better I think.

Needs to have a good, active 2013 against some contenders, then a title in 2014. Abraham is a possibility for his first fight next year though.

Comment

Working...
                X