Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Apologizes, Frustrated With Recent 24/7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same **** over and over again. Floyd whining about all his money and being his normal arrogant self. It get's old after a while!

Comment

I thought 247 episodes were fine, what did they edit that was so important, Floyd and 50 blowing each other...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

There's only so much footage you can so without constantly repeating yourself.

watched 24/7 before aren't enjoying Mayweather-Cotto.
        this. Does Floyd have to brag about his money every series/episode?

can he go one show without flaunting his money? It's gotten kinda stale

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        persona already. Floyd shouldn't be mad at HBO or the production team, maybe he should take a step back and see the repetitiveness in the way he portrays his character (which is exactly what it is).

I watch the 24/7s simply because I love Boxing and will watch it off GP. The match ups intrigue me, not the "acting" that takes place during the show. For that, watch General Hospital.
        the big text all day. What's Floyd complaining about, all he seems to do is talk ish and flaunt money .... 6 series of it gets kinda old

**if there's a next 24/7 I'd like to see them try to profile more boxers and not just the main event, like instead of Mayweather-Cotto 24/7

RING KINGS 24/7 coulda been a better show all around, because you profile not just the main event but give the other guys some shine (Canelo, Lattimore, Quintana) it would help keep the 24/7 series fresh

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
        It kinda is though. Floyd released his sparring footage, which could have made it on the episode, but didn't.
        Floyd did release his sparring? That'd be pretty fun to see on the show ... as on the very First 24-7 with DLH, Floyd not letting cameras film his sparring session was such a big deal on the show.

bottom line is I'd like to see something new from 24-7, and if it's Mayweather again, don't do 24/7 Mayweather/ __________

make it about the entire event and share the spotlight with some other dudes

like it would be fun to hear more and see into the lives of Canelo, Lattimore and Quintana

Comment

24/7 has been LAME lately...why don't we see more training footage instead of seeing Mayweather's fiance buy shoes..wtf?? I'd rather see 15 minutes of each fighters TRAINING/PREPARATION than seeing the **** they're showing. 24/7 has really gone downhill since it started. Looking forward to the fight though. Mayweather by UD or Cotto by KO!!!

Comment

" The reason why the format seems the same is because HBO knows that Floyd has a large female audience(think De la Hoya). Floyd's Hip Hop money flashing persona more than obviously attracts a lot of female viewers of 24/7, and I'm sure HBO has this documented and is reflecting it in it's editing. The old saying goes, 'women like nice guys, but they love bad boys', and HBO isn't gonna fix what's not broken ya dig.

Where they can improve in marketing him going forward, is to build up his legacy in the mind of the casual audience. Floyd has been on HBO practically his entire career (16 years), and with all the archived footage of the 'young' Mayweather, I feel like they could allow viewers into his maturation process of what he went threw to get to this point. Floyd is like Secretariat in the final stretch at the Belmont Stakes, and if he wants to really be appreciated and celebrated years after he's gone then use the next few 24/7's to do it."

The Truck
            Last edited by TP6 U Snitch; 04-30-2012, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lac'em up View Post
              Floyd is an ignorant prick who will some day pay for all the crap he talks. His fiance will eventually divorce him and take him to the cleaners. Who the hell would want to be with an immature idiot like him anyway
              A money whoring biatch

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                " The reason why the format seems the same is because HBO knows that Floyd has a large female audience(think De la Hoya). Floyd's Hip Hop money flashing persona more than obviously attracts a lot of female viewers of 24/7, and I'm sure HBO has this documented and is reflecting it in it's editing. The old saying goes, 'women like nice guys, but they love bad boys', and HBO isn't gonna fix what's not broken ya dig.

Where they can improve in marketing him going forward, is to build up his legacy in the mind of the casual audience. Floyd has been on HBO practically his entire career (16 years), and with all the archived footage of the 'young' Mayweather, I feel like they could allow viewers into his maturation process of what he went threw to get to this point. Floyd is like Secretariat in the final stretch at the Belmont Stakes, and if he wants to really be appreciated and celebrated years after he's gone then use the next few 24/7's to do it."

The Truck
                I seriously doubt Floyd has a large female following. Oscar yes, but not Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
                  I seriously doubt Floyd has a large female following. Oscar yes, but not Floyd.
                  " Dude has 10x the amount of followers DLH has on twitter, and trust in the Hip Hop community Floyd gets love from the honeys bruh. Most of the casual fight fans I know who order his fights are chics, matter of fact I even overheard three chics talking about going to Vegas for the fight at the Elephant Bar, and this was like over a month ago during the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney ."

the truck
                  Last edited by TP6 U Snitch; 04-30-2012, 04:12 AM.

Comment

same shi T different fight what do expect fr a biatch like floyd

Comment

It's pathetic....just as pathetic as his statements about materialism.

"People call me materialistic...but they're broke"

The fact that he verbally states he's entertaining people is a big joke. Add to that he actually demands respect (as a person) from people when he's not talking bull**** is even more ridiculous.

It's best shown when he was cracking 'jokes' about Cotto, and there's 6-7 guys sitting around him laughing at anything that comes out of his mouth. Yes men who are there because he's loaded, pretty sad and you can tell easily it's fake as hell. The media paints a picture that he has a personality...but he actually lacks it completely and hides behind his money.

Fact is he doesn't have anything else to offer 24/7 and that's the truth. Who gives a flying **** about Burberry glasses? We want to know about his boxing skills....his training regime...his family relations...HIS JAIL TIME?

Comment

Working...
                      X