Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don King Will Be Honored at New York College on May 6th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Don King Will Be Honored at New York College on May 6th

NEW YORK – What you may not know about Don King, the self-proclaimed “world’s greatest promoter,” is that he started his career in boxing by putting on a fundraiser to help a cash-starved hospital in Cleveland. After thrilling billions of people around the world with his larger-than-life persona, he is now being honored for his humanitarian efforts over the years by New York College of Health Professions, which will present him with an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters on Sunday, May 6th, at its 2012 Commencement Ceremony. Mr. Don King will become Dr. Don King, and will be the Commencement speaker for New York College, a world leader in holistic health education for more than 30 years. Mr. King joins a notable series of speakers including Shirley MacLaine, Al Roker, Jerry Vale, Nick Bollietieri, and other well known celebrities.

[Click Here To Read More]

Now will they call him out on not taking his son to task for not supporting his granddaughter? Low-life......

Comment

Don King is the greatest promoter of my lifetime. Such a shame that he was virtually pushed out of the game during the latter part of his career.

Comment

Greedy, senile, conniving, shady bastard shouldn't even be honored. I saw many boxing careers destroyed because of this scum.

Comment

Only in America...

Comment

Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
            Greedy, senile, conniving, shady bastard shouldn't even be honored. I saw many boxing careers destroyed because of this scum.
            You're absolutely right but unfortunately it's the nature of the business. King isn't any different in this regard.

Comment

Don King murdered two people. Got only 5 years for it which is insane for sentencing in the 1960s for a black man. Dont know who he paid off to get off that easy. Then had the governor pardon him many years later because he is now a millionaire so he must be innocent, right?

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                Don King murdered two people. Got only 5 years for it which is insane for sentencing in the 1960s for a black man. Dont know who he paid off to get off that easy. Then had the governor pardon him many years later because he is now a millionaire so he must be innocent, right?
                The Governor pardoned him at the request of Coretta King and Jesse Jackson...... Now he's getting a doctorate from a Holistic College which teaches half-wits to mix 1 part tincture of drek with 10 million parts water, and to sell it to imbeciles, telling them it'sll cure them.

They should have presented him a strong pair of boots with gold plated s.p.i.k.e.s so that he can kick someone to death better. After all, only 2 murders. And Tyson should feel some reflected glory since King is donating Tyson's money.

King was helped to get started in boxing promotion by the famous singer-songwriter Lloyd Price, and Ali.

I recommend everyone to read Jack Newfield's book "The Life and Crimes of Don King". It'll teach you a lot about the equality of American justice.
                Last edited by edgarg; 04-05-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Don King is the greatest promoter of my lifetime. Such a shame that he was virtually pushed out of the game during the latter part of his career.
                  WHAT!? Fcuk Don King! The man ruined Tim Witherspoon's & other fighters' careers when they confronted him with his thievery. No, the only shame is that those fighters missed out on their prime years because of his wickedness, GTFOH....

Comment

Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
                    Co-sign on that!!

Comment

Working...
                    X