Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shame the fight didn't happen but at 140 it would have been a complete mismatch if only Cotto had beat Margarito maybe that would have brought enough hype/Money to the fight and Floyd would have ended his retirement sooner.

BTW only an Idiot Pacstans/Cottostan would think Floyd would duck Cotto if you look at the risk to reward factor in this fight. Floyd ducking Cotto is like Floyd ducking Khan right now

Comment

Hahahahah.. OP has already been owned in the first post.

We all know Floyd has ducked the top WWs ever since he entered the division while Pacquiao has taken all of them and destroyed them..

Comment

Why don't one of you punks take Gino up on his offer???? He says he has proof, put your points up *******s!!

Comment

cotto was still quite untested during that time (2003-2005) in terms of fighting at top level. although he was already a titleholder around late 2004, cotto only turned pro in 2001. i wouldn't have wanted to see him fight floyd around that time as he was still unprepared (imo) to fight at that level.

it's when they were both champs at 147 that fight should've happened. that time when cotto already beat shane mosley. not at 140 when cotto struggled and almost beaten by ricardo torres. unfortunately, by the time cotto was already equipped to face floyd, the latter decided to retire prematurely.

Comment

yes yes we know guys, Floyd has ducked every Top Rank fighter ever, Just ask Bob Arum, He'll tell you.

Comment

There are three known fighters that Floyd have ducked and that's Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao. Even if the Pacquiao fight were to happen now it would still be classified as duck to me because the fight should have happened 09,10. And don't give me any of that OSDT horse****, nobody need OSDT to fight Pacquiao except for Floyd. If Floyd had fought Cotto and margarito and won, he would have a strong case for FOTD...and I wouldn't have minded if he won. Floyd just doesn't take fight that he know there's a chance he can lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                There are three known fighters that Floyd have ducked and that's Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao. Even if the Pacquiao fight were to happen now it would still be classified as duck to me because the fight should have happened 09,10. And don't give me any of that OSDT horse****, nobody need OSDT to fight Pacquiao except for Floyd. If Floyd had fought Cotto and margarito and won, he would have a strong case for FOTD...and I wouldn't have minded if he won. Floyd just doesn't take fight that he know there's a chance he can lose.
                and you seriously think it's just a coincidence that those fighters are all promoted by Bob Arum. My God you are a puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008.

And Floyd retired.
                  Didn't Cotto lost in July of that year also, and fought Alfonso Gomez before that? And the fight before that he fought to what seemed like a draw turned in to a gift decision?

2008: Mayweather vs Cotto was the hottest fight.

Yet in 2008, you beat Alfonso Gomez, and lose to Antonio Margarito. Hot fight, not such a hot year for Cotto. Seems to me like the only person that made that fight hot was Floyd Mayweather coming off of wins against Oscar De La Hoya and undefeated Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Didn't Cotto lost in July of that year also, and fought Alfonso Gomez before that? And the fight before that he fought to what seemed like a draw turned in to a gift decision?

2008: Mayweather vs Cotto was the hottest fight.

Yet in 2008, you beat Alfonso Gomez, and lose to Antonio Margarito. Hot fight, not such a hot year for Cotto. Seems to me like the only person that made that fight hot was Floyd Mayweather coming off of wins against Oscar De La Hoya and undefeated Ricky Hatton.
                    of course it was a duck bro, you know how it works around here, if it's a Top Rank fighter then Floyd ducked him.

Comment

Floyd wanted Cotto when he was on the come up and apparently, Arum wouldn't have been an issue.

Cotto came into his own, became a respectable champion and threat and then....

Arum representing Cotto became an issue
                      Cotto wasn't a PPV figure
                      Cotto resided in Puerto Rico
                      Cotto's first name began with the letter "M" and Floyd never fights fighters who's names begin with an "M"
                      The situation in Sudan worried Floyd too much for him to concentrate on a fight with Cotto

I don't know what other excuses Floyd threw at the boxing world, but there were plenty more.

Comment

Working...
                      X