No announcement yet.

What the latest with "El Perro" Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the latest with "El Perro" Angulo

Have you guys heard anything regarding the status of El perro; it's been about 5 months since I heard his legal problems and about six since he last fought.

Originally posted by chikali View Post
    Have you guys heard anything regarding the status of El perro; it's been about 5 months since I heard his legal problems and about six since he last fought.
    I haven't heard nothing..I'd like to see em back in the ring though!

Comment

AFAIK HBO Doesnt want anything to do with him since they invested so much cash into promoting him as the next "Action Mexican Fighter" but with his legal troubles they wont come near him, isnt he supposed to be fighting in Mexico?.

Should make a tourney with 10 pitbulls and him in a cage and if he wins he gets a green card!

Comment

I hope to see him back soon, he is unbelievably fun to watch.

If he can't come back to the U.S soon no reason why some network can't pick up some fights of his in Mexico, even stay busy fights would be good until something opens up.

Comment

From everything I've read, his career in America is virtually over. Nonetheless, I think that he could have some kind of career in Mexico, I suppose. Still, most American networks won't touch him, due to the fact that HBO feels like they wasted money and Showtime might have a problem putting up enough money to make opponents travel to Mexico.

So, they'll either have to make the fights nobody cares about, so Angulo is happy with the money, and they have enough to cover the costs. Or they have to hope it's a HUGE success ratings-wise and cash-flow wise, that bigger names are willing to make the trek.

Comment

He's crossing the border illegaly again as I type this.

Comment

Originally posted by MdPortorock2 View Post
              He's crossing the border illegaly again as I type this.
              Thanks for helping him, but HBO just isn't interested. So you are wasting your time helping your bro

Comment

He should at least be fighting in Mexico while he gets his situation sorted. I always enjoyed watching his bouts.

Comment

Angulo is a beast and one of the most exiting fighters today. Last i heard was that he was hanging around with golden boy and their lawyers might be trying to break away from shaw to go to golden boy. He needs to fight asap at least get some exposure to the mexican fans in mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
                    Angulo is a beast and one of the most exiting fighters today. Last i heard was that he was hanging around with golden boy and their lawyers might be trying to break away from shaw to go to golden boy. He needs to fight asap at least get some exposure to the mexican fans in mexico.
                    i'm guessing his contract is up in 2011?Hopefully he gets his visa issues
                    fix this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X