Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson should drop Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What good is Steward if he can't connect or communicate with Chad? It's not always about X's and O's, especially with Dawson.

Scully has that bond with him and they communicate at their level, so that in itself is better for him as a fighter.

Comment

I think some of you, especially the TS may have missed mentioning something here.

That Scully comes cheap, and Steward does not, which is probably the main reason Dawson let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Newsflash : You astrology thread got deleted. Do NOT try to turn this thread into a clone of that thread. The admins don't like that.

This is a boxing thread, let's stick to the topic.
        The admins dont? or you dont. Because Ive posted about a dozen astrological topics. None were ever deleted until this one, the one you seemed to not be able to get over for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          I think some of you, especially the TS may have missed mentioning something here.

That Scully comes cheap, and Steward does not, which is probably the main reason Dawson let him go.
          That ain't got nothing to do with it.

If Scully wasn't any good Dawson would dump him....cheap or not...

Steward is massively overrated...

Comment

Scully did a great job. I think he has the best chemistry with Dawson out of all the trainers he's had. Not to take anything away from Scully, but I think Dawson looked his best when he was with Floyd Mayweather Sr. But somehow their relationship didn't work out.

Comment

i dont think scully gave dawson the right instructions against hopkins much of the time, dont think he had him fighting the right fight either. not bad but i think someone like steward would be better. he would have dawson keeping his range, standing tall and steppin around hopkins when he charges.
              That would give Hopkins the opportunity to throw that overhand right, plus Hopkins would have adjusted pretty quickly to Chad stepping around on a charge, it could actually get Dawson in trouble if Hopkins feinted a charge and then caught Dawson with some clean shots as he was stepping around.

Hopkins isn't Hatton, he's not about to get KO'd from accumulated check hooks!
              Last edited by ►Ҝ№Ж◄; 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

What does everyone feel now? That corner was in chaos at one point.

Comment

Working...
                X