No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Could Fight On, Lucian Bute a Possible Target

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Could Fight On, Lucian Bute a Possible Target

Former two division champion Bernard Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KOs) is possibly going to continue his career. The 47-year-old veteran has not made a final decision on whether or not he plans to hang up the gloves. On Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Hopkins lost a twelve round majority decision to Chad Dawson (31-1, 17KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

That's a real shame.

Comment

Why should he retire? He thinks he is coming off a three fight win streak against two of the best light heavyweights.

Comment

FIGHT CLEVERLY!

I think he beats Cleverly! Also would pick him against Cloud!

I think B-Hop can still win some big fights, Dawson style was just bad for him, but none of those other guys at 175 is as talented or skilled as Dawson...NOT EVEN CLOSE so I think he can beat the rest

Comment

Hopkins has clearly lost to Dawson! So why should he get another major fight just now? Why should Bute fight a guy that lost his last fight? Only because hopkins is 47?? Hopkins has to earn another pay day but i would tell him to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            Why should Bute fight a guy that lost his last fight?
            Bute is fighting Froch....

Comment

Bute should require HOP to wear head gear, the headbutt master is all the old turd can offer this days. Why would any young champion sign to fight this old cheater?? there's nothing to gain.

Comment

Not going to happen with Bute fighting Froch but I do want to see B-Hop fight a quality opponent and win so he can retire and leave the sport of boxing happy not bitter

Comment

Nah this is Wards megafight. Hopkins taking money out of Ward's pockets

Comment

If he does go on though he prob shouldn't what about Erdei he's old too

Comment

Working...
                    X