No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Katsidis, Brendon Smith End Career Long Ties

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Katsidis, Brendon Smith End Career Long Ties

Michael Katsidis and Brendon Smith have parted ways after a twenty-year association in which the pair claimed two WBO interim world lightweight titles, competed in the Olympics and fought around the world with great success.

[Click Here To Read More]

Say what you will about Michael Katsidis....the man delivers an action packed performance just like Arturo Gatti used to. Not alot of men like Michael around today.

Comment

I think Michael needs to call it a career. I sure as hell enjoyed watching him everytime he stepped in the ring.

Comment

I dont want to see him end his career (as i love watching him fight) but where does he go from here..will be be like Malignaggi and become a gate keep fighter at a new weight division?
        I respect Katsidis for fighting the best in the division but i wish he (and his team) where more picky about who they fought..Marquez and Guerrero beat Katsidis at any stage of his career.He should of fought the lesser world champs, i would of loved to see him win a proper world title.

Comment

Even though I respect Smith, IMO Katsidis should have ditched him a long time ago. Immediately after the Diaz fight to be precise.

I think Goossen would be a good trainer for Katsidis.

Comment

Only one fight I want to see Kats in.

Antillion.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
              I dont want to see him end his career (as i love watching him fight) but where does he go from here..will be be like Malignaggi and become a gate keep fighter at a new weight division?
              I respect Katsidis for fighting the best in the division but i wish he (and his team) where more picky about who they fought..Marquez and Guerrero beat Katsidis at any stage of his career.He should of fought the lesser world champs, i would of loved to see him win a proper world title.
              You mean someone like Ricky Burns, whom he still lost to? He wasn't a world champ in that division, but he was one in his old division and is definitely lesser compared to the likes of Marquez and Guerrero.

The guy has been through lots of wars and eats a of leather when he fights and has not won a meaningful fight in a long time. I guess he can see how his career turns out with a new trainer, but I think the end has come for him.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Even though I respect Smith, IMO Katsidis should have ditched him a long time ago. Immediately after the Diaz fight to be precise.

I think Goossen would be a good trainer for Katsidis.
                YOUR RIGHT a new trainer with different ways of working might make a whole lot of difference to katsidis i mean who knows what good it might do for him

Comment

Go see Brother Naz. He'll sort u out.

Comment

Pulling a Malignaggi, huh? Good luck to ye.

Comment

Working...
                    X