No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ross Protests Cunningham Loss, Claims Thumb To The Eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ross Protests Cunningham Loss, Claims Thumb To The Eye

Canadian cruiserweight Troy Ross is protesting Saturday's loss to Steve Cunningham in Neubrandenburg, Germany. Cunningham won the fight and the vacant IBF cruiserweight title, when the fight was stopped prior to the start of the fifth round. Ross suffered a bad cut in the corner of his left eye. [Click Here To Read More]

I've never heard of a protest like this. Can a ref rule a cut caused by thumbing? Wouldn't it still be technically considered a punch?

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      I've never heard of a protest like this. Can a ref rule a cut caused by thumbing? Wouldn't it still be technically considered a punch?
      no, it would be ruled an accidental foul and it would go to the cards.

Comment

War USS!!!

Comment

If it was such an action packed fight why not just offer a rematch, not like Cunningham has all that much pressing business currently. Or atleast build to a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            no, it would be ruled an accidental foul and it would go to the cards.
            That's what should have happened. Ross was up by one point on my card (he knocked Cunningham down in the 4th for a two point round).

Comment

It was definitely a thumb to the eye that caused the cut. Cunningham's thumb caught Ross' lower left eyelid and tore it open after he just missed with a right hand.

The TKO seemed like the wrong call, but I don't know what the IBF's rules are on thumbs to the eye.

A rematch is definitely warranted, but who knows if they will make it.

Comment

a rematch would be fair!!....Ross seems like a well respectful dude and it would be cool to see him the CW tourney.....I had it 3-1 in favor of Steve at the stoppage...but yall know my card was bias as hell ....Ross could've been ahead because of the FLASH knock down......props to Steve for responding like a champ!!

Comment

It's up on youtube just look up steve cunningham vs troy ross, I couldn't post the link because I haven't made more than 15 comments... It looked like a thumbing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                    It's up on youtube just look up steve cunningham vs troy ross, I couldn't post the link because I haven't made more than 15 comments... It looked like a thumbing to me.
                    cool...thx!!.....it WAS a thumb!!...a rematch would be fair!!

Comment

Working...
                    X