Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more fans Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has more fans Mayweather or Pacquiao?

I know the Money Man does more in PPV numbers, but there is a large percentage who pay, hoping to see the unthinkable - His first loss. I respect both of the fighters and fully understand that Mayweather doesn't care as long as the check doesn't bounce!

That being said, if you look up vids on youtube and check the views featuring Pac, they seem to have tons more interest than Mayweathers... Even my Pac Man Youtube vid had several thousand views during the first month on the site. My Mayweather vid, after the same amount of time, doesn't even have a thousand yet... Just seeing what the hard core fans on BoxingScene have to say!

My painting of Mayweather/Mosley:

My painting of Pacquiao/Hatton:
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    12.77%
    Manny Pacquiao
    87.23%

i think mayweather has more people who dislike him than actually like him.

Comment

pac prob has more fans but mayweather is clearly the bigger draw cuz people love to hate him

Comment

If by "fans" you include those who are passionate about said fighter losing, then Mayweather by a wide margin.

Comment

Mayweather has crossover star appeal.

He is only hated by hardcore boxing fans, the casual fan pay to see good boxing.

Plus Mayweather has been able to tap into the hiphop market successfully with exposure from dates with Chilli and connections with Ray J, 50 cent etc..

Comment

I think Mayweather may have more fans than people think. For some odd reason I think some people deny they are fans, but really are. I am a fan of both. Both have some mad skills.

Comment

pacquiao got more love...floyd got more hate...
              when love and hate collide = ellerbe ..

lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Team Money May View Post
                Mayweather has crossover star appeal.

He is only hated by hardcore boxing fans, the casual fan pay to see good boxing.

Plus Mayweather has been able to tap into the hiphop market successfully with exposure from dates with Chilli and connections with Ray J, 50 cent etc..
                IMO, it is the other way around. Boxing fans appreciate the skill level of Pbf while casuals like the offensive minded Pac.

Comment

Mayweather outsells Pac Man, but Pacquiao is the center of Filipino culture so it's hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by jdawg5221 View Post
                    I know the Money Man does more in PPV numbers, but there is a large percentage who pay, hoping to see the unthinkable - His first loss. I respect both of the fighters and fully understand that Mayweather doesn't care as long as the check doesn't bounce!

>
                    Perhaps Pacquiao fans can't afford the price of a PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X