No announcement yet.

The Amish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amish

Does anyone here live around any of them or even know some,i am quite intrigued by their lifestyle.

Comment

Comment

I visited an Amish homestead in Pennslyvania. Very traditional people, they're country folk who are kind of stuck in time bound by religious practice. Difficult to believe these groups still exist in the West, but they do.

Comment

Would love to see a gang fight between some Amish and some Quakers. That's comedy gold right there

Comment

some Amish people were in a horse and buggy here some years back when some drunken douche threw a beer bottle at the buggy and split one of them open.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
              some Amish people were in a horse and buggy here some years back when some drunken douche threw a beer bottle at the buggy and split one of them open.
              The joys of Rumspringa.

I'd love to do a Rumspringa type thing. Can you imagine being exposed to all that sex, drugs and rocknroll for the first time all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                The joys of Rumspringa.

I'd love to do a Rumspringa type thing. Can you imagine being exposed to all that sex, drugs and rocknroll for the first time all over again.
                save me some energy....what is a Rumspringa?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                  save me some energy....what is a Rumspringa?
                  You lazy f**k Timmy

Ok, I may not be 100% on this but its the time when the Amish reach adulthood and they are allowed for a time to leave the Amish community and go into the big wide world to experience how the other half live.

This could all be stereotypical nonsense but I always thought the Amish community were pretty much self sufficient. Make their own clothes, grow the own crops, don't use electricity. They don't have much need to go outside their community. So there is a good chance the ones you saw were on a Rumspringa. Of course this could all be wrong lol
                  Last edited by Rapid Counter; 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X