No announcement yet.

Wlad vs Brewster I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad vs Brewster I

I see a lot of people accusing Wlad of having been drugged....I happen to just think this was another Tokyo 1990, where Lamon pulled off a Buster Douglas after having lost a "family" member a couple weeks earlier, and it just skyrocketed his determination and passion and heart beyond anywhere that Wlad could reach. There was no stopping Lamon, he would just not be denied. Wlad was also a bit overconfident, even the late-great Emmanuel was a bit over confident, he kep telling Wlad "He's starting to get tired, you're doing great" etc, didn't really tell him to make any adjustments.

Thoughts? Here is a link to the full fight and some pre-fight stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9D1OC9ASp0

Just remembering my reaction to watching that fight live, it seemed like WK was a punch or two from putting Brewster away. He gave him a frightful beating. Then all of the sudden Wladimir acts like he was shot with a tranquilizer dart. I've seen plenty of fighters gas out, but never quite that quickly. I really didn't see Brewster landing punches that were that devastating.

Since no tests indicated foul play the blame falls entirely on Klitschko. Especially since the same thing happened against Puritty, although that was a much longer fight with the fatigue becoming apparent more gradually.

Comment

Weren't black men with green faces supposedly poisoning his water?

Comment

I was really shocked by this fight... Wlad looked to be in control and then imploded and got stopped..
        I don't buy the drugged rumors,, I think he just had a bad night

Comment

Brewster hit Wlad with a really good body shot, maybe a couple, in the 2nd round and that may have started to take its toll in the 4th and 5th, and he also tagged him flush on the jaw/chin in the 2nd as well. Then Wlad started landing flush in the 3rd and especially the 4th, kncking Brewster down twice (one was ruled a slip, bu I think it was a legit KO) but Lamon took all of it. I think that the heart he had that night might have kept him on his feet from the death of his trainer, but I also think those shots he landed in the 2nd round on Wlad took their toll in the 5th round when he stopped him at the end of the round, and he also landed some pretty vicious shots in the 5th.

But I have to admit, Wlad did not look like the standard "fatigued, tired, boxer" that you see happen to a guy over 10-12 rounds. It was very sudden.

Very curious indeed... I obviously don't 100% know what to think of it, hence me making this thread. Would really like to get more opinions.

Comment

Just go to 23:00 of this video, and see how Wlad looks exhausted already after round 2...but Emmanuel seems to think everything is great, saying "perfect, he's getting tired" etc.. Wha a weird fight, I'm starting to think that maybe he was drugged, but how?

But then early in round 3, Wlad is rocked and that definitely must've had an effect on him by round 5, but what allowed Wlad to get rocked, was it him being drugged and it starting to kick in between rounds 2 and 3? Something really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
              I see a lot of people accusing Wlad of having been drugged....I happen to just think this was another Tokyo 1990, where Lamon pulled off a Buster Douglas after having lost a "family" member a couple weeks earlier, and it just skyrocketed his determination and passion and heart beyond anywhere that Wlad could reach. There was no stopping Lamon, he would just not be denied. Wlad was also a bit overconfident, even the late-great Emmanuel was a bit over confident, he kep telling Wlad "He's starting to get tired, you're doing great" etc, didn't really tell him to make any adjustments.

Thoughts? Here is a link to the full fight and some pre-fight stuff as well.

looked like an obvious case of a fighter not pacing himself properly and paying the price for it. Brewster deserves a lot of credit for his chin and heart but I remember thinking the ref was crazy for not stopping it in the fourth round as Brewster was taking a savage pasting. I thought it maybe a tragic ending for Brewster but it almost turned out the opposite. I don't buy the drugged or being sick theory. wlad just threw way too many power punches and totally gassed out. big heavies don't have the gas tank for that. brew deservedly won that fight on chin and heart

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                Brewster hit Wlad with a really good body shot, maybe a couple, in the 2nd round and that may have started to take its toll in the 4th and 5th, and he also tagged him flush on the jaw/chin in the 2nd as well. Then Wlad started landing flush in the 3rd and especially the 4th, kncking Brewster down twice (one was ruled a slip, bu I think it was a legit KO) but Lamon took all of it. I think that the heart he had that night might have kept him on his feet from the death of his trainer, but I also think those shots he landed in the 2nd round on Wlad took their toll in the 5th round when he stopped him at the end of the round, and he also landed some pretty vicious shots in the 5th.

But I have to admit, Wlad did not look like the standard "fatigued, tired, boxer" that you see happen to a guy over 10-12 rounds. It was very sudden.

Very curious indeed... I obviously don't 100% know what to think of it, hence me making this thread. Would really like to get more opinions.
                I don't really recall brew landing anything to the body of wlad that would take the wind out of him so fast. he landed a couple descent body shots,,but wlad never doubled over or showed any ill effects from it. it usually takes a sustained body attack to really wear a guy down. of course only wlad knows so maybe the few body shots did take there toll. I think wlad just threw too many power shots and gassed out from it. the left hook brew landed was a good clean shot but you could have literally blown him over at that point. he obviously had nothing left

Comment

Maybe he was gassed but only a year later he went 12 TOUGH rounds with Sam Peter and won a decision, after being knocked down like 3 times and throwing a lot of punches.

Comment

Wlad obviously does not have the best chin. DaVarryl Williamson dropped him...Sanders dropped him 4 times. Peter dropped him 3 times (1st fight) although by the time he fought Peter (1st) he developed some fortitude and recovered well...got up without appearing to be overly wobbled.

I remember Emanuel Steward who was commentating on HBO during the Williamson fight saying he thought Wlad should retire when he got knocked down by Williamson and was on rubber legs when he got up.

Comment

Working...
                    X