Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think too many members can see Manny competing at Welter Weight. I certainly don’t, so if Welter Weights want to challenge Manny they would have to come down to weight. Or else Manny simply looks else where to make matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
      I don't think Roach really expects them to go down to 142.

It's like when you're negotiating for a low price. The price is 100 and you will pay 80. You don't immediately say 80, you say like 60 and keep haggling from there.

i see your point lets hope its 145-146 then...........................

Comment

good move!roach is just tryin to protect his fighter like a good coach should do!

Comment

Originally posted by King Koopa View Post
          I don't get why........I mean, NOBODY expected De La Hoya to rehydrate 1 pound

But yet he still went with that fight at WW while assuming ODLH would rehydrate properly and enter the ring anywhere from Jrmiddle-middle

Sounds like he's scared to me
          Exactly, if he can go to 147 for a money fight with DLH,

he can stay at 147 if he wants the welterweight fighters.

Comment

I thing you guys dont understand is, that manny already fought the 2 biggest catch cows in the sport.

The next to are Floyd and cotto in that order. So he cant be to iditic and turn one of thosse guys down either.

JMM vs Pac can do decent but not as big as Cotto, Let alone Floyd!!!!!!!!!

So he can call the shot, but smartly!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As i said in the other thread. The further up in weight Manny goes, the more of a disadvantage he faces. Roach says 142, but he might squeeze in an allowance for 143 for a larger guy.

Roach is trying to protect Manny from Facing a guy that would be 160lbs+ on fight night. It is totally reasonable to look out for the best interest of his fighter.

There is no obligation for Manny to face Welterweights at this point, but they are willing to meet them part way.

I think what Roach is doing is eliminating the larger welters immediately. He is leaving the door open for Cotto, JMM and Mayweather though.

Cotto and Floyd should be able to make at least 143. I think he considers Mosley simply too big for Manny, which is kinda true.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                Exactly, if he can go to 147 for a money fight with DLH,

he can stay at 147 if he wants the welterweight fighters.
                When did he say he wants the WW fighters? They said they want him. LOL

Comment

And Asking Cotto to move to 142 will be stupid as **** Cotto already agreed on 145!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  They may get 1 more pound and get Cotto to 144, but that is pushing it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    Yeap is a ***** Move.

The WWs needs Pac, but Pac needs them too.

Who besides Cotto or Floyd will birng him the most Money.

Nobody at 140 will no even JMM. So is not even a smart bussinnes move.

I say tis catchweights needs to go, and trying to make peole get down to unhealthy weights is a ***** move. and i dont care what the circumstances are.

While ROach is at it, why he dont ask all he 154lbers to come down to 147 and all the MWs to 150!!!!
                    JMM III would bring more money than a Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      And Asking Cotto to move to 142 will be stupid as **** Cotto already agreed on 145!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      They may get 1 more pound and get Cotto to 144, but that is pushing it!!!!!!!!!
                      Agree man, Roach is really trying to decrease his opponent's chances. 144/145 is good enough

Comment

Working...
                      X