No announcement yet.

Ghost vs Swift

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Naw. They're saving the May PPV for Canelo against Cotto, if Cotto wins next weekend.

I do see Garcia-Maidana in the future though. Maidana will probably fight Malignaggi in the mid/late spring, while Garcia will fight Judah. Than I could see Garcia hanging around 140 for maybe one more fight against a Peterson or something, than jumping to 147 and fighting Maidana for a title.

I think Guerrero will fight Bradley, Matthysse (wouldn't mind seeing Matthysse jump to 147 for this fight), or maybe even Alexander (if Devon beats Brook).
    Just don't see a Guerrero-Bradley fight happening, Top Rank-GBP remember?

Comment

This fight would probably happen before a Broner vs Ghost because Danny is already at 140 and will probably consider moving up very soon eventually

as far as who would win, I really don't know, I think Guerrero can outwork him..BUT Ghost leaves himself open for Big Shots as seen even against Berto who is not even a good fighter inside

If Garcia lands as much Power Shots as Berto was able to do so, Ghost would get Knocked Out, just won't be able to eat punches from Garcia like he did against Berto Repeatedly

People are saying "WELL BERTO HAS POWER" sure he does...but Berto need Space to get off with his Power compared to say Danny Garcia who more then welcome the inside Exchanges and has Vicious Power Inside

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Just don't see a Guerrero-Bradley fight happening, Top Rank-GBP remember?
        You never know. But I think Guerrero-Matthysse/Maidana/Alexander is really possible too.

Comment

I think Floyd has 3 fights left. I still say Canelo will eventually land Mayweather, probably in May 2014.

Garcia will probably fight 3-4 times this year. February against Judah, and than possibly in the summer against Maidana. He'd be in line for a Fall 2013 Floyd fight by then probably.
          I really dont know what Floyd will do next, but i think that Ghost is a hail mary pass, and Canelo i see taking on Cotto even if Cotto loses. As for Danny....Maidana is great from a matchup standpoint, but i think Danny is still in that phase where he can lose it all with a loss to Maidana. Very dangerous i think.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
            I really dont know what Floyd will do next, but i think that Ghost is a hail mary pass, and Canelo i see taking on Cotto even if Cotto loses. As for Danny....Maidana is great from a matchup standpoint, but i think Danny is still in that phase where he can lose it all with a loss to Maidana. Very dangerous i think.
            Well we all want Mayweather-Pacquiao still, hopefully Roger's words about Floyd talking to Arum were real and hopefully that can finally get done April/May 2013. I won't hold my breath though, obviously.

I'll put it to you like this.......

If Guerrero gets a win over Bradley, Alexander, Matthysse next, I say let him fight Floyd. He'll without a doubt be the best WW after Floyd and Manny, and will have earned it no doubt about it.

If Canelo gets a win over Cotto (IF Cotto beats Trout), I say let him fight Floyd. He will have earned it by beating Cotto. But in the event that Cotto loses to Trout, if Canelo were to get a couple wins over Angulo, Kirkland, Lara/Vanes, Molina, than let him fight Floyd.

If Garcia beats Judah, than proceeds to get a win or two against guys like Guerrero, Maidana, Matthysse, Peterson, Alexander, than I say let him fight Floyd.

Those are the scenarios where I'd like to see them fight Floyd.

Comment

Well we all want Mayweather-Pacquiao still, hopefully Roger's words about Floyd talking to Arum were real and hopefully that can finally get done April/May 2013. I won't hold my breath though, obviously.

I'll put it to you like this.......

If Guerrero gets a win over Bradley, Alexander, Matthysse next, I say let him fight Floyd. He'll without a doubt be the best WW after Floyd and Manny, and will have earned it no doubt about it.

If Canelo gets a win over Cotto (IF Cotto beats Trout), I say let him fight Floyd. He will have earned it by beating Cotto. But in the event that Cotto loses to Trout, if Canelo were to get a couple wins over Angulo, Kirkland, Lara/Vanes, Molina, than let him fight Floyd.

If Garcia beats Judah, than proceeds to get a win or two against guys like Guerrero, Maidana, Matthysse, Peterson, Alexander, than I say let him fight Floyd.

Those are the scenarios where I'd like to see them fight Floyd.
              Agree with all of this...just the time frame for which i think can stop lots of this from happening.

Comment

guerrero's volume punching opens a lot of holes for garcia to land his trade mark left hook. also, guerrero's mediocre infighting abilities are no match for a pure bred infighter like garcia. garcia wins by ko within 6

Comment

I believe Robert is to smart to lose to Garcia. It will be interesting to see how Danny does against a good left hander when he fights Judah, who does not have the heart or brains of a Guerrero.

Comment

Hmm. I'd pick Guerrero to outwork Garcia, I feel confident about that.

Comment

i think ghost would smother danny and rough him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X