Collapse
No announcement yet.

China School Attack: Knife-Wielding Man Injures 22 Kids, 1 Adult

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] China School Attack: Knife-Wielding Man Injures 22 Kids, 1 Adult

BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

A Guangshan county hospital administrator said the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards who have been posted across China following a spate of school attacks in recent years. He said there were no deaths among the nine students admitted, although two badly injured children had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county.

A doctor at Guangshan's hospital of traditional Chinese medicine said that seven students had been admitted, but that none were seriously injured.

Neither the hospital administrator nor the doctor would give his name.

It was not clear how old the injured children were, but Chinese primary school pupils are generally 6-11 years old.

A notice posted on the Guangshan county government's website confirmed the number of injured and said an emergency response team had been set up to investigate the attacks.

damn this in china and then a shooting in Connecticut both almost simultaneously at the same time at schools. WTF is going on?

I would make a joke about maybe it really is the end of the world in 2012 but this isnt funny. I mean WTF is wrong with people.

Comment

disturbing, disgusting and just unnecessary.

Comment

wtf!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          damn this in china and then a shooting in Connecticut both almost simultaneously at the same time at schools. WTF is going on?

I would make a joke about maybe it really is the end of the world in 2012 but this isnt funny. I mean WTF is wrong with people.
          That was my thought ... WTF! is going on?

The really disturbing point in both these stories is that so many kids were the targets.

Comment

Difference is:

Knife wielding attacker injures 22 kids

Gun wielding attacker kills 27, including 20 kids

See the difference.

Comment

The Connecticut is a lot worse

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Difference is:

See the difference.
                my point exactly.

Comment

Ban knifes!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Difference is:

See the difference.
                    I believe the differences between the two incidents is clear, what isn't clear is the point you're addressing.

This thread isn't for the purpose of offering a counter balance to the incident that happened in Connecticut, it is to bring awareness to other incidents outside of the US involving attacks on children. Certainly the Connecticut incident is more severe because of the loss of life involved -- but to degrade other assaults against children by introducing comparisons is disturbing as well.

This thread isn't a comparison in any way shape or form, nor was it intended to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X