Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Wlad and hopkin's get any blame for refusing OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Wlad and hopkin's get any blame for refusing OST?

Potvekin I believe demanded OST and so did Pascal. Both fighters refused.

Chavez seems to get a lot more hate and so does Manny

Wlad didn't refuse, he accepted.

Pascal asked Hopkins after the contract had already been signed

Comment

if it doesn't involve Floyd, people don't pretend to give a fuck about OST

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        if it doesn't involve Floyd, people don't pretend to give a fuck about OST

Also true.

Comment

Pascal really didn't try and negotiate the tests into the contract though. He signed the contract then called Hopkins a cheater. Pretty weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

None of it mattered because Povetkin ducked out, but I could have sworn Wlad declined, at least at first.

Comment

I am sure Wlad declined too. Unless he changed his mind after Whig I do not recall.

As for Hopkin's, indeed it was after the contracts but surely he could have said yes just to prove he is clean. A 47 year old man doing what he does is still questionable, even if he has a clean life.

Wlad comes in great shape always and that is somethig to think about.

I don't think either do cheat, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                None of it mattered because Povetkin ducked out, but I could have sworn Wlad declined, at least at first.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/povetkins...g-tests--29425

Comment

truths. at a press conference no less. if you want drug testing beyond the norm you talk about it during negotiations. hopkins slugged him for getting mouthy. this was back when bernard had yet to quit against dawson and commanded a good deal more respect. i appreciated him cuffing pascal. it was totally uncalled for

and povetkin's camp (and atlas initially,) found a way out of the wladimir fight more than once.
                  drug testing had nothing to do with that.

accepting a drug test can get you into serious trouble, even if you are clean. what is everybody going to say about your entire career if you're fighting great up until the training camp that you're asked to take a random blood test and you go out there and look horrible?

you can be totally clean and people will still credit your performances to drugs when you were doing well, and not having drugs when you had a poor showing and were proven to be clean.
                  Last edited by New England; 03-21-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

//// close thread

Comment

Working...
                    X