What now for brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson Jones rematch

Comment

Can Brook actually do anything here if the Mayweather-Alexander fight comes off?

Like appeal or sue or something? Or does he just have to accept it and move on?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
        Can Brook actually do anything here if the Mayweather-Alexander fight comes off?

Well they have a signed contract so i'd imagine they can go to court over it, but probably they will just get a bit of compensation and be told to step aside.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

That is down to the contract and what his lawyers can squeeze out of it which is anyone's guess. If there is leverage there will be room for step aside money or damages.

Comment

they have signed contracts it will be hard for gbp to fight matchroom in this case imo,unless some doctors put up some bull**** writing that he has a bernard hopkins fake injury.brook is in a horrible place at the moment i should imagine he will be wanting to fight even if its not alexander,maybe the ibf will do the right thing and strip alexander and then kell can fight for the vacant title

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
              they have signed contracts it will be hard for gbp to fight matchroom in this case imo,unless some doctors put up some bull**** writing that he has a bernard hopkins fake injury.brook is in a horrible place at the moment i should imagine he will be wanting to fight even if its not alexander,maybe the ibf will do the right thing and strip alexander and then kell can fight for the vacant title
              Brooks been training for a while now and if Alexander's injury is a fake and i twas all done to get a fight with Floyd singed then it has got to hold up in court. I'm guessing it will be a Lewis/Tyson type situation where there will be an out of court, financial settlement, basically step aside money. Brook and Hearn can not waste any more time, there is a real danger of Kell over training, get a fight scheduled as soon as, in Nottingham, pack the place out and make a statement.

Comment

Its murky water. I think its good that the IBF have said they won't sanction a Floyd-Devon fight. It shows they arn't always stupid. However, if Money starts using his influence then there could be trouble. Plus, its quite ironic that Eddie is calling foul. Hes moved Froch away from a fight with Stevenson so surely that means he will be stripped of his belt. I think if Alexander wants Floyd then fine. But he should be stripped and Brook fight Zaveck (who is number 3) for the title

Comment

Whatever happens he needs to fight someone else and not back to fighting euro level fighters. I think alexander was a too big a step up anyway.

a carson jones rematch would be a good test.

Comment

How about Brook vs Berto

Comment

Working...
                    X