Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko has an Equal or Better Resume then Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wlads win over haye is better than anything Floyd has done of late. Haye has wrecked everyone in sight, has also beat chisora within distance someething vitali couldnt do.
    whereas cotto has been ko'ed, lost to trout and has only beat yuri foreman of late.

floyds resume isnt anything special, but one thing about floyd is he has looked good making people not being able to land solid blows on him and has a cute style while not being exciting.

Bottom line is floyd is known for not being easily hit, being unbeaten while not fighting much, rather than a great resume
    Last edited by hugh grant; 01-04-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      Wladimir Klitschko
      Some of his Wins

Ruslan: B+ Fighter
      Sultan: B+ Fighter
      Chris Byrd: A- Fighter
      David Haye: B+ Fighter
      Sam Peter: B- Fighter
      42 Year Old Ray Mercer: STILL a B Fighter
      Tony Thompson: B- Fighter
      Eddie Chambers: B+ Fighter

This guy's beaten at least 8 B to A Rated fighters

Not one of those fighters were considered 'average' they were all dangerous in some way. Obviously outside of Byrd, they weren't A Level. But This is a damn good resume.
      So what is someone like Lewis, or Wlad himself for that matter? Are they just A+? If that's so, then guys like Byrd are more likely around B at most. Guys like Peter are certainly no more than C, Mercer (in his prime at least) maybe a B etc.

Those are ok if you are talking specifically about this era. That's about right then. But if we are talking in general, there is no way in hell those guys you mention are anything close to being B- to A- level fighters.

The best guy there, arguably Byrd, Mercer (in his prime) or Haye aren't anything over B- to B level fighters. They just aren't.

Great HW's, ie the very best, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Foreman, Holyfield, Louis etc are A+ while that second tier, or A, of Wlad, Patterson, Tunney, Walcott, etc type guys. Then you'd still have A- guys Norton, Bowe, Baer, Corbett and it's quite some while before you'd get down to the Chris Byrd and David Haye's, or even guys like Ruslan Chagaev. They are not B+ heavyweights historically. Not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        wlads win over haye is better than anything Floyd has done of late. Haye has wrecked everyone in sight, has also beat chisora within distance someething vitali couldnt do.
        whereas cotto has been ko'ed, lost to trout and has only beat yuri foreman of late.

floyds resume isnt anything special, but one thing about floyd is he has looked good making people not being able to land solid blows on him and has a cute style while not being exciting.

Bottom line is floyd is known for not being easily hit.
        I'd say Floyd's win over Cotto is better than Wlad over Haye, and that's just recently. Hatton, Castillo, Oscar, Chico, Hernandez, Marquez etc.....Wlads resume just can't compete. I prefer how Wlad has taken on all comers, but he just hasn't had the same level off opponents to fight as Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          I'd say Floyd's win over Cotto is better than Wlad over Haye, and that's just recently. Hatton, Castillo, Oscar, Chico, Hernandez, Marquez etc.....Wlads resume just can't compete. I prefer how Wlad has taken on all comers, but he just hasn't had the same level off opponents to fight as Floyd.
          i really rate haye though, anyone who has anything to do with haye speak of him really highly. carl froch has sparred with haye and nothing but admiration for him and couldnt do anything.

I personally wouldnt put castillo,chico and hernandez at the time they fought Floyd better than haye. As much as i love hatton im not sure i can say he was a better brit fighter than haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            So what is someone like Lewis, or Wlad himself for that matter? Are they just A+? If that's so, then guys like Byrd are more likely around B at most. Guys like Peter are certainly no more than C, Mercer (in his prime at least) maybe a B etc.

Those are ok if you are talking specifically about this era. That's about right then. But if we are talking in general, there is no way in hell those guys you mention are anything close to being B- to A- level fighters.

The best guy there, arguably Byrd, Mercer (in his prime) or Haye aren't anything over B- to B level fighters. They just aren't.

Great HW's, ie the very best, Ali, Lewis, Holmes, Foreman, Holyfield, Louis etc are A+ while that second tier, or A, of Wlad, Patterson, Tunney, Walcott, etc type guys. Then you'd still have A- guys Norton, Bowe, Baer, Corbett and it's quite some while before you'd get down to the Chris Byrd and David Haye's, or even guys like Ruslan Chagaev. They are not B+ heavyweights historically. Not even close.

I was grading on a non ATG Scale.
            Forgot to clarify.

Lewis=ATG.
            After that
            it's 'world class' which I consider an A.

Comment

i really rate haye though, anyone who has anything to do with haye speak of him really highly. carl froch has sparred with haye and nothing but admiration for him and couldnt do anything.

I personally wouldnt put castillo,chico and hernandez at the time they fought Floyd better than haye. As much as i love hatton im not sure i can say he was a better brit fighter than haye.
              I respect your opinion, but what has Haye done at heavyweight in comparison to say what Corrales when Floyd fought him. Even if I were to concede Haye and throw Byrd in there, there is a considerable drop off in talent and accomplishments after that. It is Wlads fault the talent wasn't there for him go fight, but it doesn't change the fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I respect your opinion, but what has Haye done at heavyweight in comparison to say what Corrales when Floyd fought him. Even if I were to concede Haye and throw Byrd in there, there is a considerable drop off in talent and accomplishments after that. It is Wlads fault the talent wasn't there for him go fight, but it doesn't change the fact.
                Haye hasnt done that much at heavyweight, but he did beat the monster, ruiz and another polish, or czech contender in seconds and chisora inside distance. That is a lot more than JMM did, when Floyd beat JMM though at WW and thats supposed to be a decent win for Floyd.

Comment

Haye hasnt done that much at heavyweight, but he did beat the monster, ruiz and another polish, or czech contender in seconds and chisora inside distance. That is a lot more than JMM did, when Floyd beat JMM though at WW and thats supposed to be a decent win for Floyd.
                  Don't you think that win looks much better now given Marquez's recent knock out of Pacquiao? Haye would certainly look better on Wlads resume were he to go on beat a dominant heavywight a few years down the road. Hell, Haye would look greater on Wlads resume if he got the Vitaly fight and stopped him. You're just picking certain spots though my friend, I can do the same thing to Wlad. The fact is though Floyd has beaten far more accomplished fighters with a greater variety of skills...this is why his resume trumps Wlads.

Comment

• Once again. Floyd's FIRST EVER title win is better than any win on Wlad's resume. The fact this thread exists shows me alot about this board. Damn how I miss 2007.

Comment

• Matter of fact add Wlad and Vladmir's resume together and it still isn't better than Floyd's. What is some of the good **** you guys are smoking, I need me some of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X