No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Walks Away From 160, Now Targets Bika

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Walks Away From 160, Now Targets Bika

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (47-1-1, 32KOs) has officially walked away from the middleweight division, according to Mauricio Sulaiman, the Executive Secretary of the WBC. While most expected him to stay at 168 after struggling to make the super middleweight limit for his controversial win over Bryan Vera in September. The weight limit had to be increased to 173-pounds a few days before the fight.

After the Vera fight, Chavez claimed that he was still capable of getting down to 160 for the big names, but that is now a thing of the past. Chavez is now targeting the WBC champion at 168 - Sakio Bika. [Click Here To Read More]

Chavez pisses me off.

He had more upside that Canelo. This dude smoked weed, ate cereal, and didn't train for the lineal mw champion of the world and nearly wrecked him the 12th.

The Chavez that beat Andy Lee is the Chavez I want to see: relentless, in shape, and ****y. Sadly, the Chavez that fought Martinez, and especially the the one that "beat" Vera was only ****y.

There's no reason why Vera should have hung with one-punch at a time fat Chavez.

Come dude, get it together.

Comment

sakio bika is waaaaay over the hill.
      with a single very close loss to the supposed king of the m/weights, he should be pressing for a rematch.
      thats what DADDY would want.
      its the only fight for him i think.
      sakio bika at 40+ fights with one defeat? not a good choice of 8itches.

Comment

Sakio Bika would beat Chavez's ass off...he would never fight him.

Comment

Comment

Dude barely made 173, of course he's not going back to 160

Comment

I bet he was running in the treadmill all tired and made the decision right there "**** naw this is too hard. I've had that happen to me lol. Settle for a higher weight and just become happy with it.

Comment

I wish this bum would walk away all together..so we dont have to hear from him anymore

Comment

So first the WBC strip Martinez to make the 160 belt available to him, now they strip Ward and line up another belt for Jr against an easier opponent.

Must be nice have Uncle Sulaiman behind you.

Comment

lol the pic in my sig says it all

Comment

Working...
                    X