Comments Thread For: Williams-Botha Controversy Will Likely Bring Investigation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    5:1?
    Jesus... where you getting your odds. Before I left this morning, he was standing at -160... a lot closer than 5:1.
    Yeah he's talking crazy. Maybe 5-1 at the bookie closest to SBW's house

Comment

Williams isn't even a boxer, he had never been beyond 6 rounds in his "career". The only shock here is how he managed to get to 10 rounds in the first place.

If he wasn't such a gifted athlete it would have been KO1 or KO2.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        The fight wasn't close, but the momentum was with Botha. You could tell it was his strategy to come on late in the fight. In the 10th he hurt Williams and had him staggering around. He might have been able to close the show in the following round or 2, but we'll never know.
        i had the fight 95-93 botha after each point deduction. i had it 3-2 williams after 5 rounds & i gave botha 4 of the last 5. williams held lots, missed too often & was backed up all fight. botha was toying with him & was exploiting the ref who was way out of his league in this fight. he was fighting dirty & laughing. he was in total control but he's 44 so he wasn't putting the pedal to the medal. botha has been 12 rounds many times & was fighting according to plan. take him to deep waters & drown him...too bad he needed a knockout to get a draw...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          This specific belt has been fought for at both 10 and 12 rounds so you can't judge off of that.

It's either in the contract as 10 or 12. I would be interested in seeing pre fight press conference clips, media releses etc by SBW's promoters.

Botha repeatedly double punching the sides of SBW's head because the ref wouldn't stop the holding was classic.
          good call...i checked it & the last 5 fights involving this title were only 10 rounds.

Comment

This sucks for Botha, they fucked him over. Rematch if the rugby player dares.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              This sucks for Botha, they fucked him over. Rematch if the rugby player dares.
              His rugby contract gives him an easy out to avoid the rematch.

When/if he does return it will a 6 or 8 round bout against someone who isn't even as good as an ancient Botha.

Comment

When/if he does return it will a 6 or 8 round bout against someone who isn't even as good as an ancient Botha.
                Botha took his soul last night, I seen it in his eyes.

He won't go near the buffalo again

Comment

And Botha ain't even that ancient yet (for a hw)

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Botha took his soul last night, I seen it in his eyes.

He won't go near the buffalo again
                    this.. Sbw soul was snatched even if his team is mean mugging

Comment

2013-02-08 Sonny Bill Williams vs Frans Botha por JFKConspiracy
                      Last edited by vacon04; 02-09-2013, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X