Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your honest opinion who "scared" Floyd the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd ain't scared of no one! He's just watching out for his health. Ali was forced to get in some fights that he shouldn't have been in. Look at Ali now...Floyd is a smart man and he's not going to make that same mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      Floyd ain't scared of no one! He's just watching out for his health. Ali was forced to get in some fights that he shouldn't have been in. Look at Ali now...Floyd is a smart man and he's not going to make that same mistake.
      I agree and dis agree.

I'm a Mayweather fan but thats the price you pay when you get into a sport like boxing. Sad enough to say. On a personal level, I'd say **** it. I want legendary status but you can't get to a point where you have so many wins and be like "lol okay I'm done" when you have questions still lingering around your legacy. Unless you absolutely can't. Sometimes boxers just need a break too?

Even as favored as Mayweather is to beat Pacquiao, we'll never know if he ever could do it because it never happened.

I do get where you're coming from because while we don't notice the subtle differences between fights. EVERY fight takes something out of you, even wins. I just don't think that, if Mayweather shuts these guys out the way people think and expect him to, he'll really have health problems.

On the topic: I say if he had to be scared of anyone the most, probably Margarito. If he were really scared of Cotto, he would have never fought him. EVER. He probably realized, no matter how good Cotto is - he can beat him. As much as I'd like to see that fight back in 06/07, I don't think much else would have been different. If anything, Mayweather might have moved and landed more.
      But anyway! I could understand the fear of Margarito, he's a big guy who pressures you endlessly. Mayweather could have pulled through though. If he fought Margarito 08 (The Margarito that beat Cotto) it could have been a real interesting fight. They both have very good stamina and their styles are opposite of each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        A. Antonio 'Tijuana Tornado" Margarito

B. Prime Miguel "angel" Cotto

C. Manny "pacman" Pacquiao

D. Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez

Give your reason why. If you have some evidence do kindly post it.

poll to follow.
        The first two years Mayweather did not want to fight Pac but within the last year I believe he is willing to fight. Only because he sees flaw in Pac now.

I think one of the biggest ducks of all time is Floyd ducking Margarito. Floyd wanted no parts of that 5 11 Mexican in his prime. Floyd clearly ducked him.

Comment

• Floyd is not the bravest of fighters so to say who scared him the most is really hard to answer.
          Like being asked who the most pretty girl in the world is.
          But its probaby Pac, as the most pressure has been put on floyd to fight him and Floyd hasnt budged yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
            A. Antonio 'Tijuana Tornado" Margarito

B. Prime Miguel "angel" Cotto

C. Manny "pacman" Pacquiao

D. Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez

Give your reason why. If you have some evidence do kindly post it.

poll to follow.
            I hate to admit but it's pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Floyd is not the bravest of fighters so to say who scared him the most is really hard to answer.
              Like being asked who the most pretty girl in the world is.
              But its probaby Pac, as the most pressure has been put on floyd to fight him and Floyd hasnt budged yet.
              except offer him 50/50 which he turned down over OSDT. And offer him $40 mil, no ppv revenue, which he turned down as well.

Comment

• None of them inferior mother****ers scared Floyd, lmao. Floyd didn't want to do business with Arum. This **** thread only proved one thing. Margarito and Pacquiao have dedicated fans.

Comment

• As far as who floyd has fought, ive never seen him as nervous as he was at the weigh in for cotto.

As far as who he hasnt fought, its fairly obvious he wanted no piece of a young plastered up Margarito, a guy who had a great chin and kept coming throwing hard shots. With that said i wouldnt be surprised if martinez scares him the most. Martinez is fast, slick, bigger and punches hard. Not to mention hes a southpaw.

To clarify, scared is probably the wrong word to use. Nervous is probably the more correct word.

Comment

• I can understand why he ducked Margarito. But I can't understand why he ducked and still ducking Pacquiao. A fight many believe to be worth more than $100 million. Man, that's a lot of money for a guy who calls himself Money. Most fans favor him to win the fight.

Comment

• Whoever the public demands Floyd fights, is the boxer Floyd is most scared of. THat man is Pac, as it is likely he could fight Pac next and it scares Floyd the most, and the public have been quite aggressive about Floyd stepping up to the plate.

But other than that, every fighter Floyd fights scares him, even if Floyd thinks he can beat his opponent, it scares him. The thought of taking one punch is one punch too many for him. Fighting scares Floyd, even though Floyd knows how good he is. He knows being punch hurts and is not nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X