No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale: There Was Basically No Money in Golovkin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Geale: There Was Basically No Money in Golovkin Bout

Australia's Daniel Geale (28-1, 15KOs) has been stripped of his WBA world title because he has opted to fight Anthony Mundine in a rematch in January, and not the mandatory challenger Gennady Golovkin. Geale said questionable rules had made it almost impossible for him to hold two world titles at the same time.

[Click Here To Read More]

Whoop mundine and avenge that loss that should"t be on your record Then martinez well let's hope anyway.Best of luck danny

Comment

Mundine will whoop him again..

Comment

So fighting Golovkin in a MW unification on HBO in the US so the entire world audience knows your name and if you won would virtually ensure Martinez would have to fight you is a "small event"? No Daniel, you just know you would get KTFO so you chose to fight a 37 year old who is a total nobody in the division in a Australia bum fight that no one gives a **** about. Then you're going to do it all over again against a even worse opponent in Soliman.

Anytime Geale wants to try and reaquire the WBA belt i'm sure Golovkin would be more than happy to give him a title shot for it and unify, same can't be said for Geale. I'm sure he'll never want it.

Comment

^^^^^^ Piss off mate

There's a six figure purse to be made from this bout. Golovkin only just got exposed in the US, Mundine is a big draw back in Aus. Boxing just doesn't revolve around the US. Lol

Comment

sure hope he still fights ggg down the line

Comment

It makes sense moneywise to fight Mundine now after he went twice to Germany and snatch two belts.

Otherwise it's a lame excuse to say Golovkin means no $$, since Martinez also means no dollars. I guess to fight the Argentine he would have come to the US.

Comment

The Mundine fight is big money.

It would be a little silly for his handlers to skip that fight whilst he has two world-title belts. I feel like most people that Geale could possibly be beat by a number of middleweights and not necessarily the very elite guys but potentially good fighters like Macklin, Barker, Murray and Lee.

Comment

Daniel Geale is very right on this one. Why risk a fight w/ less money when you can fight in Australia w/ double up purse. Besides Mundine v Geale is a grudge fight..

Comment

Well, Geale earned his due and I'm still against the stripping..... but it looks like now they'll never fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X