Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia VS Lucas Matthysse: Who You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    His claim to fame is beating a guy with an already cracked hour glass chin. Stop trying to sell him as some upset king that is always underestimated.

Him knocking Khan out is NOT a testament to him being underrated or anything particularly special, all it shows is that Amir Khan was even worse than originally believed.
    Lucas will flat out brutalise Danny Garcia if they fight (though I believe Angel Garcia has enough sense & knows his sons limits)

If this fight ever does go ahead, we can always have a little bet. The kid is not in Lucas Matthysse's realm & never will be as far as I am concerned. He has one of the worst styles you could possibly have against a guy like Lucas.
    His pride will get him killed.
    To be fair, Khan is better than Judah and was rated every bit as good as Alexander at the time. Khan did beat Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, and arguably should have beaten Peterson as well. That was a very good win for Garcia.

Matthysse arguably should have beaten Judah and Alexander, but he didn't steam roll them and dominate them or anything. He steam rolled Soto and Olusegun, 2 solid wins, but not great wins.

Matthysse-Garcia is the fight that needs to happen next year at 140.

Comment

same round he Ko'd Judah

Comment

It wasn't long back he not only went life & death with a grotesquely out of shape, old, shot & ill Morales, he got his ass beat by Ashley Theophane! LMFAO!

No guy who gets a gift decision over Ashley Theophane is EVER coming close to beating Lucas Matthysse!

Sorry but its just not happening.

Comment

People really think Garcia beats Matthysse?

Comment

probably 3rd rd by coma cuz danny's daddy would not stop talking **** before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              To be fair, Khan is better than Judah and was rated every bit as good as Alexander at the time. Khan did beat Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, and arguably should have beaten Peterson as well. That was a very good win for Garcia.

Matthysse arguably should have beaten Judah and Alexander, but he didn't steam roll them and dominate them or anything. He steam rolled Soto and Olusegun, 2 solid wins, but not great wins.

Matthysse-Garcia is the fight that needs to happen next year at 140.

He was still pretty raw at the time, hes improved loads and is leaving nothing to chance anymore.
              Whilst I feel there is no doubt in my mind Lucas won both of those fights fairly comfortably he is now a totally different animal.
              Those robberies were a blessing in disguise, a wake up call. He trains harder now & takes no short cuts or rounds off.

Some may disagree & I'd expect it and I could be way off but I'd honestly have a difficult time picking Garcia over Soto or Olusegun.

I just have no doubt Lucas is the best 140lb fighter right now on the planet & the three top guys I'd say was absolutely made for him were Amir, Peterson & Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He was still pretty raw at the time, hes improved loads and is leaving nothing to chance anymore.
                Whilst I feel there is no doubt in my mind Lucas won both of those fights fairly comfortably he is now a totally different animal.
                Those robberies were a blessing in disguise, a wake up call. He trains harder now & takes no short cuts or rounds off.

Some may disagree & I'd expect it and I could be way off but I'd honestly have a difficult time picking Garcia over Soto or Olusegun.

I just have no doubt Lucas is the best 140lb fighter right now on the planet & the three top guys I'd say was absolutely made for him were Amir, Peterson & Garcia.
                Id take Garcia over Soto not Olusegun though.

Comment

some people are deluded!!!

how can you pick danny garcia a guy who gets hit alot, cuts up and swells up and fights in the pocket of every fight

against a guy who turns his punches over like an animal and produces serious body shots and has stop two very good opponents in his last two fights!!!

lucas would destroy garcia it would be a one sided beating, all garica has is timing and a good left hook which he corks and throws wide punches

how did the wide punches go for Olusegun who had a decent chin!!! lucas would destroy him and i like garcia i like how he handles himself and how humble he his..... i like his dad too, even though he talked **** before the khan fight to be fair he was 100% right and i think hes a person you either love or hate

but am pretty sure al haymon manages garcia, do you really think haymon will allow garcia anywhere near lucas LOL

this fight aint happening no way.... danny will go for a khan rematch its the most lucative money making for him... he wont make money from fighting lucas i hope i am wrong because i would pimp myself out sell everything i own to bet everything i own on lucas to stop garcia hes totally different class

Comment

I don't think Matt's stops Garcia at all..Truth be told I'm not even sure Matt's beats Garcia...I just look at the facts,Matt's has two losses..One I did not agree with,but it's there none the less..Danny is still pretty young and has room to improve..I'm not selling the kid to short just yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      I don't think Matt's stops Garcia at all..Truth be told I'm not even sure Matt's beats Garcia...I just look at the facts,Matt's has two losses..One I did not agree with,but it's there none the less..Danny is still pretty young and has room to improve..I'm not selling the kid to short just yet..
                      Witch loss do you disagree with? I thought both of them were Matthysse Ws but they were competitive fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X