Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Zbik Officially Withdraws From The Proksa Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sebastian Zbik Officially Withdraws From The Proksa Bout

It's now official. Sebastion Zbik (30-1, 10 KOs) has withdrawn from a planned mandatory fight with EBU middleweight champion Grzegorz Proksa (26-0, 19 KOs). Sturm Boxing, the promotional company run by WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm, won the EBU's purse bid. Zbik had long expressed his issues with fighting under the banner of his old Universum stablemate, Sturm. Instead, Zbik would rather fight Sturm for the WBA title. Sturm was planning to stage the event on March 2 in Germany, but a venue was never announced as it was whispered from that start that Zbik would withdraw.

[Click Here To Read More]

coward, this is the "politics" of boxing that's killing the sport.

Comment

I don't blame him for withdrawing, it should be illegal for Sturm to promote a fight between his two rivals.

I think Proksa would've beat him, but it was a good fight and I hope the replacement is a quality one. Hopefully it takes place in the UK because he should get more recognition over here considering how good he's looked on British undercards.

Comment

i like proksa

he reminds me a lot of martinez, lol

a poor man's martinez without he issue of being close to 37 years old.

Comment

MW's and HW's are the top 2 divisions where contenders refuse to fight each other.

Comment

The Top EBU contenders are

1.Darren BARKER
            2.Martin MURRAY
            3.Matthew MACKLIN
            4.Julien Marie SAINTE
            5.Sebastian SYLVESTER
            6.Domenico SPADA
            7.Dominik BRITSCH
            8.Maksim BURSAK
            9.Sergey KHOMITSKY
            10.Ante BILIC
            11.Geard AJETOVIC
            12.Shalva JOMARDASHVILI

He's gonna fight one of these guys. The only available guys that I recognize are Darren Barker and Martin Murray. I doubt they'll take the fight for whatever reason. Looks like he'll be fighting a no name.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Martinez said so, Proksa should join Toprank or retire.

Comment

Proksa looks like the real deal. Hope to see him in with one of the other "champions" by the end of the year. Zbik will spend the next few years fighting c-level opponents until his promoters find a softy for him to fight for a "title."

Comment

I understand him pulling out

But i really wanted Proksa to show exactly what he's got

Comment

Working...
                  X