No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack Loew on Pavlik Facing Froch, Lopez Bout, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jack Loew on Pavlik Facing Froch, Lopez Bout, More

BoxingScene.com caught up to trainer Jack Loew in Youngstown, Ohio, where he was in the midst of completing the first official day of workouts with former WBA and WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in preparation for a May 7 date with unbeaten Alphonso Lopez.

[Click Here To Read More]

You're right Loew : keep Kelly away from Bute, unless you want to see your fighter's career destroyed...

Comment

I think Froch is a horrible fight for Pavlik, consider Pavlik has never looked good above 160, Froch has the far better skills and HOPEFULLY has stopped brawling and fighting like an idiot, i think pavlik takes another beating there

Comment

hmm

Kessler beat Froch and Pavlik does everything better than kessler so....no Froch wont bear pavlik

Comment

Originally posted by choelzle View Post
          Kessler beat Froch and Pavlik does everything better than kessler so....no Froch wont bear pavlik
          huh

what ?

Comment

Pavlik

You know, I've only posted a few times though I am a long term lurker. The reason I don't post much is (1) I think the general thought of the thread is correct or (2) I think the people posting in a particular thread are idiotic and no argument, no matter how reasonable would open discussion. However in this thread, neither is true.
            I DO think Pavlik is much better than he is given credit for but I also think, his lack of respect comes from his own actions from being too ****ed up as a human being to properly assert his talent. (Mayorga comes to mind. Could have been an all time great at welterweight or slightly above, but didnt seem to be bothered to learn his craft well enough to match his natural ablilty). And Not as a reflection of Pavliks ability. I consider him a good fighter anf honesty compels me to confess I am a fan, though not a blind youngstown fan.
            Pavlik lost two fights to two very good fighters, the Hopkins fight was a complete ass whippin, no reasonable person can argue that, but Hopkins is hardly someone to hold against a great fighter. He downed Oscar witha ****ing body shot for pity's sake. So that leaves Martinez as a measuring stick for Pavlik. I have watched that fight a few times and it always comes back to the fact that Pavlik was at least IN in the fight until he got cut. Add that to the fact that Martinez was as bad a Matchup for Pavlik as is possible and the only reasonable conclusion is that Martinez is simply better by a fw degrees than Pavlik. I give Pavlik no credit for being a drunk or a **** up. Of all the possible opponents I see listed for Pavlik 2 things stand out. (1) There are no Hopkins level fighters in the whole crew and (2) Pavlik has proven he has the chin, the heart and the punch to have a chance against anyone from this sorry bunch. Froch gets hit alot which is disaster against a heavy hand like Pavlik, Strum(the best BOXER of the lot) can't punch hard enough to hurt him and I think Bute is a toss up - He hits but gets hit. Arguments? AND PLEASE spare me the old bull**** about Pavliks level of trainer, etc... I know Loew is in over his head but I don't think that matters in this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Atldude6 View Post
              You know, I've only posted a few times though I am a long term lurker. The reason I don't post much is (1) I think the general thought of the thread is correct or (2) I think the people posting in a particular thread are idiotic and no argument, no matter how reasonable would open discussion. However in this thread, neither is true.
              I DO think Pavlik is much better than he is given credit for but I also think, his lack of respect comes from his own actions from being too ****ed up as a human being to properly assert his talent. (Mayorga comes to mind. Could have been an all time great at welterweight or slightly above, but didnt seem to be bothered to learn his craft well enough to match his natural ablilty). And Not as a reflection of Pavliks ability. I consider him a good fighter anf honesty compels me to confess I am a fan, though not a blind youngstown fan.
              Pavlik lost two fights to two very good fighters, the Hopkins fight was a complete ass whippin, no reasonable person can argue that, but Hopkins is hardly someone to hold against a great fighter. He downed Oscar witha ****ing body shot for pity's sake. So that leaves Martinez as a measuring stick for Pavlik. I have watched that fight a few times and it always comes back to the fact that Pavlik was at least IN in the fight until he got cut. Add that to the fact that Martinez was as bad a Matchup for Pavlik as is possible and the only reasonable conclusion is that Martinez is simply better by a fw degrees than Pavlik. I give Pavlik no credit for being a drunk or a **** up. Of all the possible opponents I see listed for Pavlik 2 things stand out. (1) There are no Hopkins level fighters in the whole crew and (2) Pavlik has proven he has the chin, the heart and the punch to have a chance against anyone from this sorry bunch. Froch gets hit alot which is disaster against a heavy hand like Pavlik, Strum(the best BOXER of the lot) can't punch hard enough to hurt him and I think Bute is a toss up - He hits but gets hit. Arguments? AND PLEASE spare me the old bull**** about Pavliks level of trainer, etc... I know Loew is in over his head but I don't think that matters in this argument.
              u should post more.

Comment

Don't worry about Froch, worry about keeping your boy off the sauce.

He can kill it if you keep him sober......Maybe give him a left hook while your at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  BoxingScene.com caught up to trainer Jack Loew in Youngstown, Ohio, where he was in the midst of completing the first official day of workouts with former WBA and WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik in preparation for a May 7 date with unbeaten Alphonso Lopez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Jack's on point here and it's about damn time too!!!!! The only fighters he should be targeting at 168 are Kessler, AA and Froch. He should stay away from Dirrell, Ward and Bute. These fighters all match up well to Kelly's style and if he can be the same Pavlik who fought Miranda and Taylor he is very capable of beating these 3 fighters.

Froch fights at range....he needs distance to be most effective. Guess what....Kelly Pavlik is exactly the same. Froch doesn't show the same angles and foot movemet as Martinez and cant fight inside like Hopkins. Froch vs Pavlik is a 50-50 fight imo if Kelly is 100%, as is Kessler vs Pavlik. Kessler and Pavlik fight similarly...at range, robotically, 1, 2;s etc. In actuality the power edge in both those fights prob goes to Pavlik. the biggest danger to Pavlik in fighting Froch would be that leaping right uppercut Froch has.

Pavlik vs AA i would favour Pavlik because he can fight the much shorter Arthur at range and Pavlik throws enough punches to stop Arthur coming out of his shell. that would be a bad matchup for AA imo. Pavlik throws alot of punches at distance and hits hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Atldude6 View Post

I agree with alot of what you are saying. Froch and Kessler fight at range and get hit, they aren't fast either. A healthy Pavlik is a huge danger to these two fighters imho. He hits harder than both and his chin, stamina and heart are prob equal to both men. He also throws alot of punches if the target doesn't move as much as a guy like Martinez or Hopkins (fighting in and out and repositioning his feet constantly).

i think he takes out AA who is too stationary and short. Pavlik would tee of at range. It won't matter that Arthur's gloves are up....those bombs will get through. Abraham's style is susceptible to volume punchers who have power imo.

He should def stay away from Ward and Dirrell. I disagree with the Bute part aswell. I think Bute would take Pavlik apart. His hands are fast and his footwork and headmovement is too slick for Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                    X