No announcement yet.

Bradley Ranked #3 for Welterweights on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    He's got a widely disputed SD win/robbery over Pac, and was nearly stopped multiple times by his unranked tune-up, Ruslan. I could maybe buy the argument if people are arguing the ranking because 147 is slim pickings. But I sure as heck can't see how you could argue he deserves a #3 welter ranking off of his performance against Pac and Ruslan. How?
    DEBATBLE win plus coming CLOSE to losing equals 2 wins when sliced OFFICIALLY!!!....the ref should've called offensive foul on Michael Jordan when he pushed off on Russell to hit THE SHOT for his 6th title....nobody is saying that Jordan has 5 rings because of that...its OFFICAL!!

this is crazy...but this is the world we live in...if a man is accused of a crime and goes on trial only to be acquitted of the charges...those in society will STILL label him a criminal...sick!!!...Bradley reminds me of the dude who gets acquitted...no matter what, crimes he didn't committ are being held against him!!...smh

Comment

Which is exactly what I'm saying. Yes, argue that Tim is #3 because beyond Pac, Floyd, and Marquez, 147 is slim pickings. Don't argue that Tim is #3 because he got a gift decision against Pac, and then nearly got KO'd multiple times by his junior welterweight tune-up.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      you have to put his past into account too, not just his 147 fights, he might have lost to pac but who beats him @ ww, kell brook, maidana, ghost are not better than tim. pac just got iced, time is no worse than #4, despite his last 2 fights

Comment

Who would you really put ahead of him, I think number three is just about right~ I couldn't see him any lower than 4 looking at 147 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
          Which is exactly what I'm saying. Yes, argue that Tim is #3 because beyond Pac, Floyd, and Marquez, 147 is slim pickings. Don't argue that Tim is #3 because he got a gift decision against Pac, and then nearly got KO'd multiple times by his junior welterweight tune-up.
          it was hardly a tune up, i expected bradley to box his ears off (which he prob would have if he didnt go toe to toe) but i wouldnt call it a tune up

Comment

I disagree with the number 3 rating. I think he should be #2. Who else stands up to that onslaught from Ruslan at WW? Who else has the championship pedigree and skills and and champion's heart to fight from the 1st round with a concussion? I can only imagine Floyd. An Floyd is the only WW I can imagine beating Bradley. Everyone is saying Ruslan is a JWW and was just a tune up, but how many months has it been since Tim fought his last fight??? How much weight did he have to lose to make 147? 80lbs, right??? How many fighters in that same situation could have pulled off what he did??? Ruslan was an unknown fighter right??? Well, who was Lucas Matthyyse before he fought and lost to Zab Judah??? After that fight, Zab said that Lucas would be a serious threat at 140. That quickly came to past and now everyone thinks that Lucas is one of the best at 140. Well, Tim said the same thing about Ruslan after their fight. Lucas was simply a tune up for Zab the same way Ruslan was for Tim, but the fight still has to take place. Once the bell rings it doesn't matter whether a fighter is known or not. That's only the writers and critics perception of a fighter. Ruslan is the real deal and caught Bradley when he had been inactive, weight drained, and emotionally down from the Paquiao fight. Honestly, if this fight took place before his fight with Manny, would he had fought Ruslan in that style? Would he had felt the need to go toe to toe to prove a point? No. He would have boxed circles around him the same way he will in a rematch if there is one. Timothy Bradley is a champion and warrior and deserves to be #2 behind Floyd at WW. At 39/40 years old, do you really see Marquez beating Tim? Lets put the hate or dislike of the man aside and give him his props.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
              I disagree with the number 3 rating. I think he should be #2. Who else stands up to that onslaught from Ruslan at WW? Who else has the championship pedigree and skills and and champion's heart to fight from the 1st round with a concussion? I can only imagine Floyd. An Floyd is the only WW I can imagine beating Bradley. Everyone is saying Ruslan is a JWW and was just a tune up, but how many months has it been since Tim fought his last fight??? How much weight did he have to lose to make 147? 80lbs, right??? How many fighters in that same situation could have pulled off what he did??? Ruslan was an unknown fighter right??? Well, who was Lucas Matthyyse before he fought and lost to Zab Judah??? After that fight, Zab said that Lucas would be a serious threat at 140. That quickly came to past and now everyone thinks that Lucas is one of the best at 140. Well, Tim said the same thing about Ruslan after their fight. Lucas was simply a tune up for Zab the same way Ruslan was for Tim, but the fight still has to take place. Once the bell rings it doesn't matter whether a fighter is known or not. That's only the writers and critics perception of a fighter. Ruslan is the real deal and caught Bradley when he had been inactive, weight drained, and emotionally down from the Paquiao fight. Honestly, if this fight took place before his fight with Manny, would he had fought Ruslan in that style? Would he had felt the need to go toe to toe to prove a point? No. He would have boxed circles around him the same way he will in a rematch if there is one. Timothy Bradley is a champion and warrior and deserves to be #2 behind Floyd at WW. At 39/40 years old, do you really see Marquez beating Tim? Lets put the hate or dislike of the man aside and give him his props.
              Maybe Mauricio Herrera? Ruslan is not unknown, he was on ESPN a bunch and wasn't really impressing that much, or one punch KOing mediocre guys. Maybe he's a whole lot better at 147, if he follows up with another good fight then ok. But he was just 150 fight night, that's not even big for a JWW.

Anyway, going life and death with a guy with those credentials won't bump you up the rankings, but 2 outings like that and you're getting demoted. Amazing effort, but shouldn't need it vs guys like that.

Comment

well deserved... monster heart and perseverance inside the ring..

Comment

I completely forgot about Marquez when I voted yes. So no, he shouldn't be top 3.

Comment

We need to stop talking about what Provo was suppose to do and who he was suppose to be and focus on what he did and turned out to be and make a testament to him instead of downing Bradley. Also look at the way Bradley chose to fight as apposed to how he did for the majority of 3-11. A TKO1 is a very ignorant to express how you think the fight should had been and thinking the ref should stop the fight in the 2nd because he he stopped the Rios fight is ignorant. He allowed Bradley to stand his ground and Bradley continued to throw, the ref either tells you to take a knee or keep throwing. If your gonna say round 2 should be 10-8 for Provo because he dominated. Then round 3 should be a 10-8 for Bradley for holding Ruslan to 15 thrown and mahbe 2 landed while dominating aside from hurting Provo which he know Bradley doesnt have power.

Respect the fight for what it was. Respect the fighters hearts that were put on display and stop complaining.

Ruslan knew he was defeated if it wasnt for the 12th round KD we wouldnt be talking this.

Roach knew his fighter was far enough behind after the tenth by telling Ruslan we need to knock this guy out.

Not every fight is gonna be a domination. This is why they fight the fights because you never know. But instead of giving credit to the under dog we dog the champion or do both. Both dudes stock went up and will prosper from this fight

Comment

I'll be disappointed in Bradley if he doesn't even considering taking a rematch with Ruslan.

Comment

Working...
                      X