Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about these two guys fighting each other then retire..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    you realize how crazy this fights is and wont happen and at 150 Marquez will be too bulky and slow.

just a dumb fight all around.
    well kudos to you for having an opinion as opposed to a red k and no opinion...shows your thinking-- at least.

.........you mean something similar to like how Oscar De La Hoya fought 11 years at 147 to 160 then fought his last fight at 145?...

or something like that couldnt happen?

Comment

It would sell more than Canelo/Cotto I promise you that much, but I highly doubt it happens. It would need to be at 147, and even then I still have Cotto by decapitation, he is just so much bigger than Marquez. There would be 15+ weight difference on the night of the fight and Marquez is pretty easy to hit.

Comment

it would be an interesting fight. i mean i'd say its only fair if they fight at 147lbs which cotto can't to make at. in fantasy fight case, i would say prime cotto who can make at 147lbs would SD marquez, its style makes fight even marquez koed pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          It would sell more than Canelo/Cotto I promise you that much, but I highly doubt it happens. It would need to be at 147, and even then I still have Cotto by decapitation, he is just so much bigger than Marquez. There would be 15+ weight difference on the night of the fight and Marquez is pretty easy to hit.
          I think 147 is probably a better fit for JMM and agree. The fight to me is interesting....Their both 5'7" I dont see how people believe such a size difference exists.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
            I think 147 is probably a better fit for JMM and agree. The fight to me is interesting....Their both 5'7" I dont see how people believe such a size difference exists.
            different body types and JMM will take all the weight disadvantage. why cant Pacquaio come down to 144 - 147?

JMM is a Ectomorph, where as cotto is a lazy Mesomorph or a hard working Endomorph
            Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 01-02-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I think it'll be a much better fight at welter. JMM is a light weight at most... Cotto can still make 147 JMM can come in at 145 or so. I'm a big Cotto fan, but when it's Mexico vs Puerto Rico I gotta go with JMM.

My 2 fav fighters active today btw.

Comment

Well, considering Cotto was completely unwilling to come down to 150 to fight Pac, and Marquez, despite bulking like a beast with weight training, could only just make 143, I really don't think it would go down well. Marquez only hydrated up 4 or 5 pounds to 147 or 148.

Cotto comes in around 160 at the very minimum. Considering Juan is 40 years old, moving up another division, being a midget already and Cotto having lost his last two straight, it's a stupid fight.

I'd much rather see him take on someone relevant still. Rios, Bradley, etc. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing him beat Paulie just to get the title at 147 that should rightfully be his.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                  Isn't it obvious? Marquez was a featherweight until his mid 30's and still made the weight easily even when he left. He had some fights at 130, 135 and 147 nearly always weighing in well under the limit. His last couple of fights at 135 only a couple of years ago, he was still weighing in well under the lightweight limit. Even in the biggest fight of his life, at the highest weight he'd ever fought at, he came in way under the limit despite trying to bulk up as big as possible for it.

Cotto has struggled to make 140 and 147 his whole career, and at the age he had to move up to 154, Marquez was still easily making 126. Cotto couldn't get close to making 147 now, let alone 143 or less.

Being tall has little to do with the weight division you can get up to or fight in.

Paul Williams was taller or as tall as some heavyweights. Are you seriously going to argue that they are the same size and a fight between Williams and Chisora is legit? They're both 6'1" after all.

Last edited by BennyST; 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    different body types and JMM will take all the weight disadvantage. why cant Pacquaio come down to 144 - 147?

JMM is a Ectomorph, where as cotto is a lazy Mesomorph or a hard working Endomorph
                    Both same height 5'7"
                    both same reach 67"
                    chest normal Marquez 41" While Cotto is 39" ( Smaller )
                    chest expanded Marquez 44" While Cotto 41" (smaller)
                    Biceps Marquez 14" While Cotto 13" (smaller)
                    forearms Marquez 12" While Cotto 11 1/2 (smaller)
                    Wrists Marquez 6 1/2" While Cotto 7" (bigger)
                    Fists Marquez 11 1/2" while Cotto 11" (smaller)
                    Both necks 16"
                    Calf Marquez 13" while Cotto 12" (smaller)......

So please explain to me the body type size thing again.

How JMM is ectomorph compared to Cotto and is bigger than Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Isn't it obvious? Marquez was a featherweight until his mid 30's and still made the weight easily even when he left. He had some fights at 130, 135 and 147 nearly always weighing in well under the limit. His last couple of fights at 135 only a couple of years ago, he was still weighing in well under the lightweight limit. Even in the biggest fight of his life, at the highest weight he'd ever fought at, he came in way under the limit despite trying to bulk up as big as possible for it.

Cotto has struggled to make 140 and 147 his whole career, and at the age he had to move up to 154, Marquez was still easily making 126. Cotto couldn't get close to making 147 now, let alone 143 or less.

Being tall has little to do with the weight division you can get up to or fight in.

Paul Williams was taller or as tall as some heavyweights. Are you seriously going to argue that they are the same size and a fight between Williams and Chisora is legit? They're both 6'1" after all.

....Wasnt even sure if I should entertain such a ridiculous comparison when you compare Chisora and Williams(almost a 100 lb difference) as if the comparison is close to JMM and Cotto (and 3-4 lbs). Uhhh In body type comparison JMM is bigger than Cotto on most measurements.

If weight is truly the issue then simply say one eats a little more than the other but please stop the King Kong vs Chimp comparisons.
                      If you measured their punching powers and speed Im sure they would be similar as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X