No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido vs. Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
    This is a toss up fight for me. I can see both guys winning. It will be a great fight I cant wait.
    Been looking forward to this one for a long time, as well. You have to be patient as a boxing fan. These match-ups don't come along often enough.

Comment

I'm interested to see how Mikey reacts to getting hit. Salido isn't a one punch power guy but he does hit hard and he will touch Mikey. We have never seen Mikey really get hit hard and I want to see how he reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I'm interested to see how Mikey reacts to getting hit. Salido isn't a one punch power guy but he does hit hard and he will touch Mikey. We have never seen Mikey really get hit hard and I want to see how he reacts.
        Yes, big question. Salido will keep coming. It'll be interesting to see how Mikey reacts to adversity, 'cause Orlando will bring it.

Comment

Nuts & guts, everybody. Nuts & guts. I have a feeling that what many of you are saying is true. Garcia will make this a boring fight. I am rooting for Salido, he always comes to fight.

Comment

Should be such an interesting fight, we'll find out if Garcia is for real based on how he does VS Salido.

I'd say Garcia should win this one, but never count Salido out!

Comment

Looks like the majority is picking Garcia by decision, sounds about right.

I think it's going to be a war in there!!

Comment

I have this fight evenly matched, we all know Salido can give and dish out punishment, but it's going to be very interesting seeing Garcia get his feet wet once Salido steps up the pressure and starts banging away to Mikeys head and body, This is a true test and a step up in competition for Garcia. I consider this his pass or fail make or break test to see if he really is championship material, he does possess skills and technique but no fighter has taken him to deep waters and Siri is the man to do just that . Mikeys patience and staying composed during the fight can be his key to victory , keep the fight in the middle of the ring and wait for Siri to drop that right hand and catch him each time he tries to engage. He can also drop uppercuts to Salido's chin each time Salido tries to bend at the waist and tries to come in, Salido tends to do that during all his fights, yet I haven't seen anybody catch him clean or capitalize on that habit of his.

Salido on the other hand his experience plays a major factor here, and his heart can never be questioned, he has the heart of a true warrior champion. If he doesn't get too confident during the middle rounds I can see him taking it to Garcia and catching him on the ropes and making it a hard rugged fight. If Garcia's punches don't seem to get his attention or stop him in his tracks each time he tries to engage ,then I can see a long night for Mikey . Salido can't get too confident because each time he does that he gets too wreckless and gets caught and dropped so he has to fight the perfect fight. If Mikey can't hurt Salido , Salido will be stepping up the pressure and start bombing away.

War Salido!!
                Last edited by Ant Dgk; 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  The truth would've been a mouthful, but they didn't need to resort to lying either.

The kind of hype that GGG is getting, he better get an impressive stoppage. He's one bad performance away from having "hype-job" stamped on him, which will suck.
                  Yes, they are overdoing it a bit. He is very good, but has yet as a pro to fight a top middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Yes, they are overdoing it a bit. He is very good, but has yet as a pro to fight a top middleweight.
                    I have a feeling that Rosado will be a hero next week, all he has to do is last the distance and rock 3G a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      With hype comes the pressure to excel expectations. You already got some people saying that he'll stop Rosado earlier than Angulo, which is ridiculous. The implication is that Rosado hasn't improved a bit and should be easy pickings. The less respect Rosado gets, the better GGG is expected to perform.

Comment

Working...
                      X