No announcement yet.

Steve Kim "Double Standard - Andre Ward, Manny Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Cotto is a free agent now. He can make his own options, not have Arum seal off everything else.
    So it was Arum the one with the gun to Cott's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Its not the numbers , the straw that broke the camels back can be a single pound on one hand and mean nothing on the other , 7 pound is huge to WW not that much to LH and nothing to a HW , every CW drain claim case must be looked at on its own merits , not compared to other different scenarios , different weight classes , different match making etc etc ,,,,

Why do you argue weight when you got no clue what it really means !
      you try telling a guy who is used to weighing 193 lbs fight night that dropping 7 lbs again is nothing.

Comment

So Kim didn't see anybody talking about Dawson not fighting at 168 for 6 years?

Funny, that's about all I see on here.

There are agenda's everywhere on here.

And the TS tries to make it about Pac EVERY TIME HE POSTS.

Saturday had nothing to do with Pac.

There are people that don't like Pac because he is a Asian fighter, and that alone.

And there are PLENTY of people that will discredit Ward based on him being black, and American.

You think you're actually shining light on idiots that post here? Shit, I figured it out in less then 4 hours of posting here in 2006.
        Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 09-10-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

My thing with the catchweights is if you're agreeing to the weight and are signing the contract, you fight and then make excuses about the weight, then what's the point? For that, don't fight the guy. Of course Millions of dollars are hard to turn down, but if you're gonna be a hoe and take the money don't complain about you not being at your best immediately after the fight.

For the case of Dawson, he didn't really make any excuses. Not a lot of people are going to be like "Yea man I lost the fight...Daaahhhh well, next time"

Comment

I don't get this. Cotto was pacs best win above sfw. So if no1 gives his ass credit for it then how the hell was he the number 1 fighter in the world for so long? I mean besides that cotto win, his resume is otherwise pedestrian. So I clearly must be missing something. Probably just butt hurt. Either way, like it or not ppl are gonna have to accept ward. He's here to stay. There will be no exposing him and he's no hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              I don't get this. Cotto was pacs best win above sfw. So if no1 gives his ass credit for it then how the hell was he the number 1 fighter in the world for so long? I mean besides that cotto win, his resume is otherwise pedestrian. So I clearly must be missing something. Probably just butt hurt. Either way, like it or not ppl are gonna have to accept ward. He's here to stay. There will be no exposing him and he's no hype job.
              Exactly. Well said.

Comment

Whats telling is that without Arum, Cotto said fuck Pac, Arum and that catch weight that little pucci wants to fight at and just fought another fighter altogether.

He learned his lesson.

This time around Arum cant force him into a fight with Pac to force him to re-up with TR.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  Whats telling is that without Arum, Cotto said fuck Pac, Arum and that catch weight that little pucci wants to fight at and just fought another fighter altogether.

He learned his lesson.

This time around Arum cant force him into a fight with Pac to force him to re-up with TR.

Yep Cotto know unless he has a 15-20lbs advantage he doesn't stand a chance, and even then he could take another beaten.

Why would Cotto want that?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Yep Cotto know unless he has a 15-20lbs advantage he doesn't stand a chance, and even then he could take another beaten.

Why would Cotto want that?
                    Cotto turned down the payday because of the weight. FACT.

15-20 pound advantage? Man enough already if Pac wants to fight him then fight him at 154 or stop with this bull shyt myth that hes this epic fighter. Hes not.

Let Cotto weigh in at the limit and Pac comes in at what hes comfortable with. Then you fight.

How much do you think Clottey weighed against Pac? Or Marg? Ill give you a hint they were heavy ass **** but Pac still beat them.

Hes not sure of himself without a catch weight that gives him an advantage. I mean hell Cotto aint fought at WW since 2009 since then hes had 4 fights at 154. And now a 5th one against trout.

Floyd let Cotto weigh in at 154 and Floyd simply stepped on the scales at 151 and went about his business. Enough already.
                    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-10-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      The difference is apples and oranges.

Cotto said he didn't want to fight at 145 unless the title wasn't on the line. He eventually caved because Pacquiao was the shot caller and that's just how it is in boxing.

Andre Ward wasn't saying Chad Dawson's name. Chad called Andre out and readily offered to fight him in Oakland at 168.

I don't have an opinion on either guy being weight drained because they signed the contracts knowing it would be a challenge to make the weight. If they misjudged that's their fault and no way should it make their loss less legitimate, and thus it shouldn't make their opponent's win any less credible.

Agree 1000% with this post.

Comment

Working...
                      X