No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Aiming For The Best, The Patient Wait of Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Aiming For The Best, The Patient Wait of Lucian Bute

By Thomas Gerbasi - Patience and hope. It’s what IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute runs on these days.

Patience, as he waits for the conclusion of the seemingly never-ending Super Six tournament on December 17th, when Andre Ward meets Carl Froch in the finals in Atlantic City.

Hope, as it’s clear that for all his talent and his over four year reign with the IBF belt, he won’t truly be seen as the undisputed top 168-pounder in the world if he doesn’t meet and beat the Ward-Froch winner.

In between, danger lurks everywhere, as one misstep will crush all that work, all that running alongside the Super Six train while keeping his own schedule busy. And to his credit, the 31-year old southpaw has been a fighting champion, worthy of any and all praise thrown in his direction.

No, Librado Andrade, Edison Miranda, Jesse Brinkley, Brian Magee, and Jean Paul Mendy do not stack up with the Super Six likes of Ward, Froch, Arthur Abraham, and Mikkel Kessler, but Bute did to his challengers what a champion is supposed to do with those in his way – he dispatched them with efficiency and finality, knocking out each of the aforementioned foes.

The wins have made Bute’s case as the top dog at 168-pounds, something that won’t be confirmed in the eyes of the public until he hands a defeat to Ward or Froch, but in the meantime, he will continue to fight, and this Saturday at the Pepsi Coliseum in the Romanian’s adopted home province of Quebec, he will meet not only his greatest challenge, but one that could propel his career even further, as he will battle late Super Six entrant Glen Johnson.

“I have a good feeling,” said Bute

[Click Here To Read More]

Well written article. Can't wait to see Bute-Johnson on Saturday. Both guys come to fight. And don't we all know that boxing needs a good fight.

Comment

i LOVE the way bute goes to the body, he does it very well and his fan base in montreal seems real strong, i dont have showtime, but i wont be disappointed with angulo-kirkland on hbo

Comment

Bute will have a chance to make every fight in the world in 2012.

Comment

Bull**** article.

They flew Kessler in for a ringside view - then offered him 20% of the purse he was earning per fight in the super six.

That is documented by Kessler across the danish national press.

He showed the same courage when he was made #1 to then-unbeaten Kessler's WBC title, he dropped straight out and then began a series of IBF qualifiers before fight super-bum-berrio.

Fact is, team bute know their audience are largely clueless and are happy to pay for their bell centre tickets regardless whatever bum gets chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Monkey View Post
            Bull**** article.

They flew Kessler in for a ringside view - then offered him 20% of the purse he was earning per fight in the super six.

He showed the same courage when he was made #1 to then-unbeaten Kessler's WBC title, he dropped straight out and then began a series of IBF qualifiers before fight super-bum-berrio.

Fact is, team bute know their audience are largely clueless and are happy to pay for their bell centre tickets regardless whatever bum gets chosen.
            If you really believe Bute offered 300K to Kessler, you're a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Monkey View Post
              Bull**** article.

Let them know!

Bute is so overrated. I met him at Quillin's Golden Boy debut in Quebec City. He's a great guy, but great boxer he has yet to prove. His resume sucks! It took him 9 rounds to dispose of Jesse Brinkley. It took Peter "The Kid Chocolate" Quillin only 3 to break him down.

Quillin was offered a fight with Bute but turned it down with his sights on taking over the Middleweight division. No disrespect to Johnson, he was a great opponent. But a threat he is not. He's like the Buffalo Bills of boxing, makes it to the Super Bowl but just can't win.

I'll be watching Quillin vs. McEwan on HBO. I'll read about Bute's easy win over Johnson on Boxingscene.com.

Comment

Working...
              X