No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Jones-Sebastian Lujan Waits For Visa Resolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Jones-Sebastian Lujan Waits For Visa Resolution

According to a report in Philly News, welterweight Mike Jones (25-0) is possibly going to face Sebastian Lujan (38-5-2) of Argentina in a featured bout on the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito undercard on December 3 at New York's Madison Square Garden. The paper reports that Jones and his team are waiting for confirmation that Lujan is able to obtain a visa. If Lujan fails to obtain a visa, then Jones will moved forward with another opponent or he might possibly get bounced to the undercard of the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Marquez trilogy on November 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man last time i saw Lujan fight he was totally whack and just tried to survive and NOTHING else the whole fight - back in 07 vs Jamie Moore! A quick look at boxrec shows he's been beating on some no hopers since. Why is Jones wasting his time fighting this dude?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Man last time i saw Lujan fight he was totally whack and just tried to survive and NOTHING else the whole fight - back in 07 vs Jamie Moore! A quick look at boxrec shows he's been beating on some no hopers since. Why is Jones wasting his time fighting this dude?
      Lujan was awesome in his last fight on ESPN.

Not a horrible fight for MJ. A bit of a step back from Karass though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Lujan was awesome in his last fight on ESPN.

Not a horrible fight for MJ. A bit of a step back from Karass though.
        Was he? I suppose i'l take ur word for it but way back in 07 he looked like he'd quit....

Even at his best Lujan wasnt that good tho, id like to see Jones step it up, he's got talent and plenty power. Fight a Kell Brook or someone

Comment

Lujan musta had something wrong with him against Moore because I have seen him five or six times and he usually throws tons of punches and is really active. Even when he got his ear torn half off by Margarito back in the day he made a good fight of it. Dude is short for a welterweight/lt. middleweight but he usually comes to fight. Jones is way too quick for him but it's not really a bad fight, IMO

Comment

Lujan is another step up for Mike Jones. Lujan dismantled Bernabe Concepcion in that ESPN fight he had with him. Lujan also fought Margarito with his ear almost torn off.

Arum is looking if Mike Jones can handle another power puncher like Lujan albeit slow but strong though. It is a test if Mike Jones survives this I'm guessing Top Rank will finally make him a world championship match.

Comment

mike by ko lujan will make it good for 4 rounds the most

Comment

Was he? I suppose i'l take ur word for it but way back in 07 he looked like he'd quit....

Even at his best Lujan wasnt that good tho, id like to see Jones step it up, he's got talent and plenty power. Fight a Kell Brook or someone
                Yeah, he did real good on FNF's a couple of months ago. If I remember correctly, it was on incredibly short notice, too. He was a huge underdog, and won by knockout.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                  X