No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno: I May Return in April, in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno: I May Return in April, in New York

WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (32-1, 11KOs) has returned home to Panama and he's already discussing his next move. He made his American debut last Saturday in California and impressed the local fans with a dominating twelve round decision over feared puncher and former champion Vic Darchinyan. Moreno would like to target the other champions at his weight, including Jorge Arce and Abner Mares. He doesn't see a Mares fight happening soon, although both boxers are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions. He said Golden Boy head Oscar De La Hoya wants to keep them apart for a while.

[Click Here To Read More]

I had a feeling that GBP wouldn't want to make that fight.

Comment

Would be a great fight but makes sense that Golden Boy would want to hold that off. Seems as though they have long term plans for Mares. Would be good if Moreno was fighting a legit opponent in New York though. From the way the Showtime team was talking about him, they said he's much better to see in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyme 4 Rhyme View Post
        Would be a great fight but makes sense that Golden Boy would want to hold that off. Seems as though they have long term plans for Mares. Would be good if Moreno was fighting a legit opponent in New York though. From the way the Showtime team was talking about him, they said he's much better to see in person.
        The only feasible guy who I could see him fighting in New it would be against Eric Morel....There has been talks about that match-up for awhile too.

Comment

I'm so down for another NY fight... I might only go for Abner though since I'm already going to NY for Donaire-Vasquez

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            The only feasible guy who I could see him fighting in New it would be against Eric Morel....There has been talks about that match-up for awhile too.
            I'd be ok with Morel. Would you?

As long as Mares is after that.

If GBP hold this back for an extended period of time I'll be annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Yea I'm OK with it as a stay busy fight....It won't let him balloon up to the 140's like he has in the past in between fights. And, also as long as Mares is sometime in 2012.

Comment

Reall nice fighter....his problem is he will never be a big star. No power, not at all exciting. That doesn't reflect his skills and abilities, he is just not marketable in a big way. But he will still be a top fighter/champ, just no real star potential.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

There is absolutely no point in holding back Mares/Moreno for one fight.

After hearing these revelations from Moreno, I would say it is highly unlikely that they will ever meet up, which is a crying shame..... Mares intends to move up in the near future, and Moreno intends to remain at bantam.

They will enable Moreno to dominate bantam what with no Donaire and no Mares, and they will look to push Mares to stardom at 122-126..... a crying shame for fight fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                    There is absolutely no point in holding back Mares/Moreno for one fight.

After hearing these revelations from Moreno, I would say it is highly unlikely that they will ever meet up, which is a crying shame..... Mares intends to move up in the near future, and Moreno intends to remain at bantam.

They will enable Moreno to dominate bantam what with no Donaire and no Mares, and they will look to push Mares to stardom at 122-126..... a crying shame for fight fans.
                    Boxing's biggest problem and has been for a long time is the promoters don't make the fight's when they're hot.

Mares-Moreno needs to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X