Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Says June Fight Off, Toshiaki Bout on 10/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Says June Fight Off, Toshiaki Bout on 10/1

Former two division champion Rafael Marquez (39-6, 35KOs) says he will not return in Toluca on June 18 against Nicaraguan boxer Eusebio Osejo. According to Marquez, the next time that he will return is on October 1 in Las Vegas, against WBC super featherweight champion Toshiaki Nishioka (38-4, 24KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

¿What featherweight(126lbs) title? ¿Or is Marquez is going back down in weight? Cause Nishioka is the JR FEATHERWEIGHT(122lbs) WBC Champ...& the last time Marquez fought at that weight class was in 2008 against Vazquez & he lost..So it's been 3 years since the last time Marquez fought in that weight class & lost & he also lost his last fight by TKO at 126lbs & STILL GETS A SHOT AT THE TITLE!! WOW! That's definitely PARASITE Sulaiman at work!! The fighters ranked 1-10 must be really pissed cause they just got skipped!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
        ¿What featherweight(126lbs) title? ¿Or is Marquez is going back down in weight? Cause Nishioka is the JR FEATHERWEIGHT(122lbs) WBC Champ...& the last time Marquez fought at that weight class was in 2008 against Vazquez & he lost..So it's been 3 years since the last time Marquez fought in that weight class & lost & he also lost his last fight by TKO at 126lbs & STILL GETS A SHOT AT THE TITLE!! WOW! That's definitely PARASITE Sulaiman at work!! The fighters ranked 1-10 must be really pissed cause they just got skipped!!
        Super featherweight is 130 pounds so Marquez is actually moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
          Super featherweight is 130 pounds so Marquez is actually moving up in weight.
          Toshiaki Nishioka is JR.Featherweight WBC champ 122lbs.
          I guess he's going down if it's for the title
          Marquez has the resume and name value to bypass other contenders

Comment

Is this really true? The news just got me excited like hell! Super bantamweight or featherweight, either will be fine. With a world championship hanging in the balance or not, this will be a huge showdown between Mexico and Japan. This is as exciting as Nishioka - Gonzales, and more exciting than Hasegawa - Montiel. I'm seeing Nishioka win by KO and there will be a pelea revancha en pesso pluma contra Jhonny Gonzales in the very near future. Let the fight happen!

Comment

wish marquez fought in june to keep sharp.He says hes fighting oct 1,I hope
              a network picks it up.

Comment

Nishioka's got this.

Great skills, fast hands, decent pop and the best footwork in the sport IMO.
                Last edited by Trigg; 06-03-2011, 04:51 AM.

Comment

WARQUEZ!!!:war!!:

Comment

This must be a good fight, but in Nevada???? I doubt! A Japanese Champion always fight in their home turf!

Comment

Working...
                    X