Steve Kim "Double Standard - Andre Ward, Manny Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Kim "Double Standard - Andre Ward, Manny Pacquiao"

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Kim091012.htm

^ can someone copy and paste for me I can't seem to right click it for some reason.

Wow talk about a left field reach

Comment

The difference is,you ready??Dawson called out Ward and said he would go down to 168lb to fight him...Pac made Cotto come down to 145lb to fight him...Now I really don't care and give both Manny and Ward full credit for their victory's..But I think this is some peoples beef with Manny...

Comment

The difference is apples and oranges.

Cotto said he didn't want to fight at 145 unless the title wasn't on the line. He eventually caved because Pacquiao was the shot caller and that's just how it is in boxing.

Andre Ward wasn't saying Chad Dawson's name. Chad called Andre out and readily offered to fight him in Oakland at 168.

I don't have an opinion on either guy being weight drained because they signed the contracts knowing it would be a challenge to make the weight. If they misjudged that's their fault and no way should it make their loss less legitimate, and thus it shouldn't make their opponent's win any less credible.

Comment

168 lbs is not a catchweight. 150, 145, and 144 are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            The difference is,you ready??Dawson called out Ward and said he would go down to 168lb to fight him...Pac made Cotto come down to 145lb to fight him...Now I really don't care and give both Manny and Ward full credit for their victory's..But I think this is some peoples beef with Manny...
            I give full credit to Andre Ward too, he is one of my favorites. But I am with Steve Kim here and others the hypocrisy is blatant. Whatever Pac does there is an outcry of boycotting his fights, you can search on youtube for Pacquiao and see all the boycotting videos from guys who Apparently don;t care about Pacquiao but make videos on him daily.

If someone called Pac out and fought him at 147 for pacs title and went down in weight, Pac would get blasted hard. I am starting to believe nobody really cares about Catchweights, these people who have a problem with it and drug testing only doing so because they want to discredit Pacquiao.

I have never seen anyone get this pissed off at catchweights until Pacman had one versus Cotto, and nobody was demanding about drug testing until Floyd suspecting Pac of roids.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Cotto said he didn't want to fight at 145 unless the title wasn't on the line. He eventually caved because Pacquiao was the shot caller and that's just how it is in boxing.

Yes I remember that.

There was a lot of pressure on Cotto to put the belt on the line as the fight was billed as 7th title in as many weight divisions for Manny.
              Last edited by Young Money; 09-10-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                168 lbs is not a catchweight. 150, 145, and 144 are.
                Its about weight drained, just cause you fight at a catchweight doesn't mean the guy is drained, catchweights are called EVEN grounds, learn about them. its to avoid a fighter coming completely down in weight so he is still comfortable and a fighter not having to go all the way up. to make the fight ffair.

Dawson said in negotiations he requested a 170 catchweight but Ward said 168 or no fight and wanted to fight in Oakland.

Comment

Below Average article.

The vast majority of the boxing pundits gave Pacquaio credit at the time of the Cotto win. Just like the vast majority of the boxing pundits give Ward credit BUT also made sure to put in the information of Chad coming down to SMW.

The only guys crying about Cotto and Chad are the boxing fans that post on forums like this and the East. Posting on sites like this is very fun and at times can be informative and at times you meet with some great posters, but we as posters do not hold any weight when it comes to rankings, win credits, or ATG status. We are just semi trolls and semi hard core fans of boxing that like to express our opinions from time to time. Nothing we say matters, it's just fun to read and past the time with.

As for nobody complaining about Dawson and weight drain? I sure as **** am reading a LOT more complains about Dawson being drained then when Cotto fought and lost to Pac.

Comment

[QUOTE=Young Money;12496086]
                    Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    QUOTE]

Yes I remember that.

There was a lot of pressure on Cotto to put the belt on the line as the fight was billed as 7th title in as many weight divisions for Manny
                    Not just that but if he didnt take the catch weight he wouldnt had got the Pac fight and he wouldnt re upped with Arum. Remember Cotto golfing and shyt with Oscar?

Comment

Working...
                    X