Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is David Haye the only world champion who NEVER faced a YOUNGER opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this thread on the fact that thread starter actually went lengths and did his research

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      I like this thread on the fact that thread starter actually went lengths and did his research
      The style is very revealing. I think the TS is on his 3'rd or 4'th account now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Cabot View Post
        Does this mean that Tyson was 30 before he faced anyone who was younger?
        This is unsure since a lot of birth dates are missing.

But as I said before: Mike Tyson is the youngest of all heavyweight champs. And let me point out that Mike Tyson is not only the youngest of so-called-heavyweight champions but the youngest of real heavyweight champions (200 lbs x2):

#1 Mike Tyson
        #2 Muhammad Ali
        #9 Wladimir Klitschko
        #35 David Haye

Moreover Tyson started as a heavyweight (where the age is generally higher) thus he is incomparable to Haye.

If Haye keeps his word to retire at age 30 then Haye will additionally be the youngest champ to retire, only bottomed by Ingemar Johansson (30.58yro, who started to box 2.5 years earlier than Haye) and Michael Bentt (retired due to brain swelling) (29.54yro).

Haye's style of retiring is unheard of. A disgrace.

Haye's career length (years from first fight to last) will only be bottomed by the aforementioned Michael Bentt (brain swelling) and Sultan Ibragimov (the master of the dark art to lean back).

Originally posted by Joe Cabot View Post
        How old is Haye?
        Haye is now 30.
        Last edited by hweightblogger; 01-10-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

what young heavyweight do you want him to face???

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
            I am talking about ALL of his fights. He NEVER FOUGHT against younger opponents whether as cruiser or heavy.
            How about Enzo Maccarinelli who was I think 28 when he fought Haye... Am I wrong here?

Comment

I am talking about ALL of his fights. He NEVER FOUGHT against younger opponents whether as cruiser or heavy.
              We'll you're wrong since Enzo is younger than Haye...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                We'll you're wrong since Enzo is younger than Haye...
                On the flipside, both Klitchko's are older than Haye, Adamek is older than Haye, Povetkin is older than Haye.

IF Haye were to fight and beat all those fighters (unlikely I know) would you still be saying the same thing because he as a HW hadn't fought younger fighters?

Comment

This is unsure since a lot of birth dates are missing.

But as I said before: Mike Tyson is the youngest of all heavyweight champs. And let me point out that Mike Tyson is not only the youngest of so-called-heavyweight champions but the youngest of real heavyweight champions (200 lbs x2):

I see youre still operating under the false premise that only fat people can be heavyweights.

Heavyweight has ALWAYS meant (unlimited) dating back to the 18th century. Bob fitzsimmions was only 160 and was knocking out 230 lb men in his prime. He was as REAL a heavyweight fighter as any of the fat-asses who exist today.

Comment

and how old is chisora???!!!!!!! thought so!!

Comment

Is David Haye still fighting? Whos David Haye? :ANYWORD:

Comment

Working...
                      X