Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHOP has always been this type of fighter

This is back in 8/28/1998:

Go to the time 2:40.

This is the same exact thing Hopkins pulled against Chad Dawson. Hopkins realizes that he comes into a fight unprepared and exaggerates an injury.

In this particular fight, Hopkins lands on the canvas, then voluntarily rolls off the canvas onto the floor. There wasn't enough momentum from the force of Mills Lane separating the fighters to even knock Hopkins down, let alone launch him out of the ring & make him roll twice to the floor.

Look closely. Lane wasn't even pushing forward. He was pulling them apart and walking forward because the fighters were moving that way. If anything, Land pushed Allen, not Hopkins.

How many fighters can you name this happening to MORE THAN ONCE??????

Listen to the commentary at the time 8:00. Its tells the way everyone feels. After Hopkins decided milk it, the crowd is chanting BULL****. This is what Hopkins does.

Hopkins claims that Dawson threw him, but the truth is he jumped on Chad's back .. taking his own feet off the ground to add more weight on Chad. Chad simply shoved BHOP forward, and of course Hopkins stumbled, fell and supposedly dislocated his shoulder.

BHOP is the dirtiest fighter in the last 20 years aside from Andrew Golota, but he accused Dawson of being dirty. That in itself was comedy.

As I've said in other threads, BHOP is fighting much better fighters now at his advanced age because he knows history will not fault a 46 year old for losing to much, much younger fighters.

I'm glad Dawson did what he did. BHOP deserves to get roughed up for all the dirty **** he's done over the years. And what Dawson did wasn't flagrant at all. He's not obligated to let Hopkins sap the energy in his legs by having to support Hopkins' weight on his back.

Who would pay to see that again?

Definitely not me.
    Last edited by Brother Jay; 10-23-2011, 05:26 PM.

I give him a pass in his younger days because he did what ever means necessary to get the W and make money, he had that street attitude. But these days it's just sad.

Comment

That's what I've been saying. If this guy was a "legend" like his nuthugging fans claim, then he wouldn't need to pull the bullshit that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        I give him a pass in his younger days because he did what ever means necessary to get the W and make money, he had that street attitude. But these days it's just sad.
        Hey, if you are going to be dirty, don't expect to be seen as great. If you can't win under the rules, you're just a thug looking for a check. Not an ATG who cares about his legacy.

Or at least that's the way I and many others see it. At no point is it cool to be dirty.

Comment

B-Hop stan: At 32-33, Hopkins was one of the oldest athletes at the time. At that age, athletes are very fragile and are prone to injuries. Although Hopkins was the only top boxer things like this happened to.

Comment

B-Hop didn't even know what to say in the post fight interview.

He said, this has happened before, and mentioned Antwun Echols. It happened with Robert Allen, not Echols

Comment

Look how he overreacts his pain the same way he did against Dawson. Obvious fake in both situations.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                B-Hop didn't even know what to say in the post fight interview.

He said, this has happened before, and mentioned Antwun Echols. It happened with Robert Allen, not Echols
                he actually mentioned both. the Echols situation was more similar because Echols picked him up and threw him on his shoulder. Hopkins was clearly hurt. but the ref took time and hopkins went on to continue.

With the Allen fight, I don't know what ****** could pretend falling out of the ring and onto concrete and be totally fine to continue. It wasn't like kermit cintron where he landed on the table, then slowly and non-violently ended up on the ground. Hopkins fell straight to the ground.

Again I love all these NSB posters who would fight with any injury at any time.

Comment

I have to admit... I was actually shocked when Hops called CHAD a dirty fighter...that just sounded so CRAZY to me...

Comment

lol nice find. Lane was foul there

Comment

Working...
                    X