No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    that's what most of the discussion was about, a fight at 154. there's another thread about Floyd going up to 160, which he can pass on with clean conscience. but he should be willing to defend his 154 title against the best comp willing to fight him there, right?
    im not arguing that but i do think sergio would be drained and wouldnt want the fight there. if he was really looking to fight floyd he wouldve went down to 154 and had a tune up fight there instead of 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
      What, like Pac did right ?

Like Pac did at 135, 140, 147, 154..... right ?

This'll be funny.....
      I already told you Pac's "154" is bogus. Pac has never requested a CW defense. I'm not sure what you're implying, but I am sure it's as misguided as the rest of your stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        im not arguing that but i do think sergio would be drained and wouldnt want the fight there. if he was really looking to fight floyd he wouldve went down to 154 and had a tune up fight there instead of 160.
        it's not worth his time to have a tuneup at 154, he's the lineal middle champ. not that i think it's a bad idea, but it's an effort i'm sure. he'd only do it if worthwhile.

Comment

• At 154 Floyd would put Sergio on ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
            I agree mayweather would win, just like most thought May would beat Pac. He still won't do it though. everyone has to realize that May will choose every opponent at exactly the right time - look at his last group of opponents. other than Marquez (who had to move up 12 lbs for their foght), none have had any big wins since bc they were either past their prime (de la Hoya, Mosely, Cotto) or never really that good to begin wit (Ortiz)
            you dudes really kill me with your limited boxing memory. perhaps you are new to the sport. everyone knows floyd sought fights with oscar and shane while he was still under top rank. at tyhat time oscar and shane saw a huge risk with no huge up side and ducked fights with floyd. shane was asked about a posible fight with floyd on air on HBO and he said he caint fight floyd because he had a tooth ache. LIVE ON AIR!!!!! the pac situation followed the same as with cotto. arum had every one thinking floyd was ducking cotto and afraid of cotto. and what happened? once cotto got away from arum the fight with floyd was made with no problems. and cotto got his biggest payday ever fighting floyd. and pac ducked so many good fighter it should be criminal. look at the divisions he was in and look at all the great fighters he ran from. then come back and talk. and when has pac(besides JMM) fought anyone credible??? margarito? he was finished after that beating he took from shane and the fact that he could no longer use the bricks in his gloves. you could say cotto but they wt drained cotto for a cheap advantage. so get off it man.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              funny thing is flyd fans say floyd is favourite against anyone from 147 to 154. But when you say what if he fights sergio at 154 would floyd be favourite you hear a ton of excuses its diabolical
              whats diabolical is your god fought for the 154lb strap v tony when they NEVER EARNED THE RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR THAT TITLE!!!!!! they never fought a contender. and pac flat out refused to fight ANY ONE at 154 even though he held the 154lb strap. pac hacks kill me wanting floyd to fight cruiser wts and such while pac keeps fighting only top rank fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                blah blah blah Martinez is to big

Martinez vs floyd would be just as fair as a match up between Marquez and floyd was in 2009

dont you floyd fans agree?

actually it would be fairer since floyd has a history at 154 lbs compared to Marquez's history at 147 lbs prior to facing floyd

its funny with you floyd fans you all say that floyd is to small to fight Martinez so its not a legit fight

but love to brag about floyd beating pacs daddy Marquez.

if floyd is to small to fight Martinez does that mean floyd was just to big for Marquez and that was not a legit win?

cant have it both ways?
                Floyd didn't call out Marquez. Marquez wanted it and Floyd answered. That's the way it should be, the smaller guy calls out the bigger guy. Dawson called out ward, went down and lost. What did I hear after that? Dawson must've been weight drained. He didn't show up. They shoulda fought at 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                  yand pac ducked so many good fighter it should be criminal. look at the divisions he was in and look at all the great fighters he ran from.
                  Great fighters? Humm, Ortiz, Berto, Zaveck, Senchenko, Paulie? I guess he missed this murderers row.

Ring rankings after Pac DLH:

1. Antonio Margarito
                  2. Miguel Angel Cotto
                  3. Shane Mosley
                  4. Joshua Clottey
                  5. Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• Wait why are floyd fans not liking the idea of Floyd fighting Martinez? it's a great fight. smh

Comment

• Originally posted by The904star View Post
                      Floyd didn't call out Marquez. Marquez wanted it and Floyd answered. That's the way it should be, the smaller guy calls out the bigger guy. Dawson called out ward, went down and lost. What did I hear after that? Dawson must've been weight drained. He didn't show up. They shoulda fought at 175.
                      Yes, why dont floyd call out the bigger guy?

Comment

Working...
                      X