Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Dodie Boy Penalosa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Herrera can fight off the ropes, this guy cannot. Just because he scored a KO whilst on the ropes doesn't mean he's any good on them. He landed a couple of right hooks before the last one that sparked him, his opponent was pretty poor.
    Even before the KO he landed hard counters while he was on the ropes in the first round. Nobody said he was great at fighting off the ropes, I'm just saying he can fight off the ropes. For you to say that he hasn't shown he can fight off the ropes is pretty silly.

Comment

For Christ sake...

When you make a claim that someone can fight off the ropes, I expect to see someone who's actually good at it. Anyone can stand with their back towards the ropes and bob & weave and land shots.

It's like saying someone can fight on the backfoot 'cause they threw a few jabs and straights. Yes, most people can fight on the backfoot but some do it exceptionally well and only then are they recognised as someone who can fight on the backfoot.

It's not even up for debate, I'm just trying to help you save face for the future.

Comment

For Christ sake...

When you make a claim that someone can fight off the ropes, I expect to see someone who's actually good at it. Anyone can stand with their back towards the ropes and bob & weave and land shots.
        Show me clips of Khan doing that.

You just watched a guy knock his opponent the F out while being on the ropes and you said he can't fight off the ropes. It's one thing to say he's not great or he's not good but to say he can't fight off the ropes after what you saw is just ******ed.

It's like saying someone can fight on the backfoot 'cause they threw a few jabs and straights. Yes, most people can fight on the backfoot but some do it exceptionally well and only then are they recognised as someone who can fight on the backfoot.
        No most people cannot fight on the backfoot, plenty of fighters can't. And a fighter has to do something exceptionally well before you can say that he can do that thing? What a moronic thing to say. It's like saying Pacquiao can't counter because he's not an exceptionally good counterpuncher.

It's not even up for debate, I'm just trying to help you save face for the future.
        I don't have to take lessons in saving face from someone who thinks Brook is the future and the Jones fight was just an off night. Tells me all I need to know about your ability to assess talent...
        Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Show me clips of Khan doing that.

You just watched a guy knock his opponent the F out while being on the ropes and you said he can't fight off the ropes. It's one thing to say he's not great or he's not good but to say he can't fight off the ropes after what you saw is just ******ed.

No most people cannot fight on the backfoot, plenty of fighters can't. And you have to do something exceptionally well before you can say that you can do that thing? What a moronic thing to say.

I don't have take lessons in saving face from someone who thinks Brook is the future and the Jones fight was just an off night. Tells me all I need to know about your ability to assess talent...
          Are you pulling this out your arse?

We'll address your last point about Brook and might I say you're getting me confused with someone else. I am Brook's biggest sceptic on this site.

I didn't say anything about his inability to fight on the ropes, the comment I made is that you normally don't express such an opinion unless they are very good at it doing so. You don't say someone is good on the ropes because they KOed an open guy. You say someone is good on the ropes when they display slick movement, ability to set-up traps and not get hit whilst hitting the opponent from various angles.

It's just such a generalized statement that it should not be listed next to his qualities. You're not making the observation that he can fight off the ropes based on his skill and ability on them, you've made that purely because of the KO.

Which is stupid and irrational.

Comment

Working...
          X