No announcement yet.

Ronda Rousey first female UFC fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronda Rousey first female UFC fighter

Ronda Rousey just made MMA history ... becoming the very first female fighter to join the UFC ... TMZ has learned.

Rousey -- a former U.S. Olympian -- has officially joined Dana White's MMA organization ... and automatically becomes the 135 lb women's champion.

We're told 25-year-old Ronda will defend her title in 2013 -- possible opponents include Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and rival Miesha Tate.
    Source? TMZ...

wow............. just wow.

Comment

I guess then they will be bringing in the women. Oh man, I hope that Cyborg fight happens. That would be a hell of a throw down. You know Cyborg would be winging shots at Ronda while Ronda is trying to throw Cyborg, unless Cyborg tries to take it to the ground and use her jiu jitsu. That would be an awesome fight. I wouldn't mind seeing those other 2 opponents as well.

Comment

Strikeforce is over after one last show in January

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ow-in-January/

Comment

I never thought i'd see the day. UFC fans must be going nuts right now.

Dana has this borderline creepy love for Rousey. I'm only interested in Rousey vs Cyborg and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
            I never thought i'd see the day. UFC fans must be going nuts right now.

Dana has this borderline creepy love for Rousey. I'm only interested in Rousey vs Cyborg and nothing else.

I been dying to see this fight too...as you can see, I have a bet invite in advance...lol. Rousing Ronda's awesome.

Comment

i wouldnt mind seeing rousey-tate 2...that was a very good fight back n forth action....but hopefully now gilbert luke n cormier can finally start getting some mainstream attention they deserve and fight the best competition out there...cant wait!

Comment

I heard Tate got signed too. I'm guessing a female TUF with Tate and Rousey as the coaches....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Wow, I was wondering if Dana had it in him to start womens UFC MMA! Ronda is a bad ass and will put asses in seats!

Looking forward to this! Rousey vs Cyborg (drug free) would be a HUGE fight! PPV worthy! Damn this is awesome news, I've been waiting for this to happen! It would be stupid not to.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    I heard Tate got signed too. I'm guessing a female TUF with Tate and Rousey as the coaches....
                    YES! It would no doubt be the best TUF of recent lol. However Rousey Cyborg would be better IMO.

They also need to sign Gina Correa to UFC

Comment

Working...
                    X