No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Turns 49, Wants "Cold War" To End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Turns 49, Wants "Cold War" To End

PHILADELPHIA, PA - Current IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Bernard "The Alien" Hopkins turns 49-years-old today.

As the oldest champion in any major sport and one year shy of 50, Hopkins makes his own birthday wish, and provides some sage advice for his sport, young fighters coming up and the 40 and over crowd, a particular group of fans he enjoys fighting on for as his long and illustrious career continues. Here are those wishes on this very special birthday:
    [Click Here To Read More]

So we've seen Roy Jones, DLH and BHop say they want the "cold war" to end. Let's see if they can make it happen. This would be an excellent way to build off of a great 2013 by making some long overdue fights.

Comment

everybody wants it to end except the 2 people who matter most.

Comment

It not the Cold War, it is the "Floyd doesn't want to face Pacquiao and turned GB against any type of fight with TR" war. It is that simple really.

Comment

Nice dig at Broner!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            Nice dig at Broner!!

haha caught that too.

Comment

I wish Hopkins would just retire already. It's amazing that he is still able to win fights but god damn is he boring as hell to watch these days. I fear he won't retire until the sport retires him, the fate of most fighters.

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
              Nice dig at Broner!!
              Your signature is fucking ******ed. When has Wladiimir Klitschko ever quit? Whatever ****** made that is clearly confusing Wlad with his brother Vitali. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the "who the hell is this" text under Mikkel Kessler.

Comment

I hope he gets the chance to fight for the undisputed crown. I dont see how HBO could turn away from that fight despite saying they wont work with Golden Boy

Comment

HBO vs Showtime and GBP vs TR definitely kills the thought of some fantasy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    It not the Cold War, it is the "Floyd doesn't want to face Pacquiao and turned GB against any type of fight with TR" war. It is that simple really.
                    Yep this is the problem really, it's basically floyd vs pacquiao, before they face off against each other it will not end.

Comment

Working...
                    X