Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
    LOL and You prove it with your very next statement much appreciation.
    So you believe that I speak as if superior, hey man I know what I'm talking about when it comes to boxing. I've seen and done things that most of you could imagine but could never understand. I am a confident person. I believe in my myself, my mind and my instincts.

You on the other hand speak as if inferior. Does it make you so unhappy to see somebody else speak with confidence.

But you know what man, I am extremely confident especially when it comes to speaking of boxing. You want to hate on me, cool. Give me red k for the entire year and maybe that will make you feel better. In the gym the cry babies never lasted. Same here bro, quit playing the victim and grow a pair.........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-29-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
      *Troll and ******ation posts about GERALD McCLELLAN's personal life will NOT be tollerated in this thread. I will humiliate you single handed (until you quit this forum) if you even imply anything related, in your posts. You have been warned.*

First of all for those posters who don't know anything about the background here it is:

The music makes me shed a little tear.

"AT THE 3:00 MARK IS WHERE BENN LANDS HIS FOREARM AND I TRULY BELIEVE THAT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END... "

"It could happen to Roy in any fight and he knows that"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets proceed on to the main topic:

Judging by this sad depressing video it seems like Gerald was too brave for his own good.

Imagine the kind of names people would be calling him if Gerald threw in the towel at 3:00?

If I was there In the stadium on that night I would have shut him down for being a quitter. So would you.

If this NSB existed at the time posters would have been making threads like: "Gerald quiter McCLELLAN"

These are the double standards were are all guilty of employing over and over again.

Are we going to say the same thing about Victor Ortiz now?

Are we going to say this about thrilla in manilla now?

Are we going to say this about insert fighter that quit now?

Ok lets take Ortiz-Maidana for example:

No one on plannet earth knows what would have happened in the next 10 seconds, had victor ortiz continued. It sends chills down my spine even thinking about it.

you see? It's a dark area.

It's a shame Max kellerman didn't have the mental capacity to think objectively after the fight. What an (edited) idiot.

In the above scenario, can you really be absolutely positively 100% sure that NONE of the fighters would have sustained permanent damage?

The way those cats were knocking each other down left and right, one can only imagine what Maidana would have done to ortiz brain in the sixth round.

Dwelling on matters like this gives goosebumps.

A classic example of this is Chavez-Meldrik Taylor. What happens in the last two seconds, had Steel alowed it to continue?

We shouldn't be ridiculing people for quiting in a fight.

Reguarding Evidence And Casual links:

But you have to admit that this is circumstantial evidence right?

It's nothing like the casual correlations we have built for CHD or similar things.

Do you know of any scientists that have tracked things like this in boxing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My Rant About The State Of Boxing Today:

It's a shame we don't get to see these kind of fights anymore. They just DON'T have that twinkle and magic in the air combined with the legendary atmosphere In the staduim.

Nowadays it's all about ducking, dodging, padded records, canned fights and propaganda stunts.

This above post is completely unrelated to the damage he sustained, but I am just talking about similar fights in general.

Whatever happened to ceasers palace?

What happened to the legendary white and yellow lighting?

What happened to boxing?

It quite sad; both the damge he sustained and the state of boxing today.

No one has made any attempt at ressurecting the duran/leonard/hearns era.

Sugar ray leonard and Thomas hearns never ducked each other. Now compare this with the B****ing that is going on in the 140 division.

You would be foolish not to notice a big difference in size of balls between the fighters of that era and this current one.

"We need another braveheart like Sugar Ray Leonard. It's a shame it won't happen in the 21st century."

Help me out here, do I have nostalgic syndrome? or is what I am saying making sense?

EDIT: maybe I should change my example for SRL, is it a good example of a brave heart or not?
      Wow I just read this now...it touched my heart. I PMed you...

I was in a hiatus in watching boxing until Pacquiao came up in the early 2000s. It really touched me about this person, McClellan.

The real person behind the fighter.....and still a fighter now. Wow. A heart-teaching story that is for real. I wish that somebody can help him now.

Comment

Working...
      X